Chapter 6

A/N: Hello, here's Chapter 6! So as I'm writing this, I'm listening to Z and crying over the fact that I'm seeing Louis in April next year and then Harry three times. Literally sobbing. So, here's the song I was listening to! It's absolute fire (no surprise there :))

Stream Icarus Falls.

Also, that's a picture of the PCH which I hope to someday be able to drive on and listen to Golden while I do :)

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We left the café pretty soon after our coffees were empty. Harry drove us back to the office and I was a lot calmer the second time around. When we got to the office, we both got out of the car and walked around to meet each other halfway.

"I had a very nice time today, Delilah. Thank you for coming with me." He's smiling the brightest of smiles at me and I can't help but return it.

"Me too. I really did. Thank you for letting me come with you." I say, bumping his shoulder lightly with mine.

After a beat of silence, I feel the urge to move towards him, and I do, until our chests are almost touching. I slowly look up until our eyes meet and wrap my arms around his waist before whatever confidence I mustered is lost. I turn and rest my head on his chest and feel his heart beating against my cheek.

There's a pause and all I hear is our breathing and the wind before he tentatively wraps his arms over my shoulders, and I feel his chin rest on the top of my head. He's warm and he smells like vanilla.

His grip is loose, like if he thinks I'm going to change my mind and let go. When he realizes that I'm not, he tightens his grip and I hear his exhale.

We pull from each other slowly, until our noses are touching, and our breaths are mixing. His lips ghost over mine and I'm frozen under his gaze, chills running through my body.

"Goodnight, honeybee." His heat is suddenly gone and the chills in my body now from the cold night's wind.

Oh.

I clear my throat and lick my lips. "Yes. Goodnight." His eyes seem regretful, but I could be wrong. I've been wrong once already tonight. He gives a soft wave with a smile, and I do the same as we get in our respective cars.

And it was only as I was driving away that I realized I may have feelings for Harry.

And I really wanted him to kiss me.

"You were in a bookstore alone together, he took you to his favorite café alone together, you were in a car alone together. And you didn't remove not a single article of clothing?" Seb asks incredulously.

It's Saturday morning and after my revelation on Wednesday, I'd had more trouble sleeping than usual and Seb noticed. So naturally, his solution was to interrogate me about it.

"It's not-I don't." I frowned down at my hands. "I don't want in his pants, Seb." He gives me a snort of disbelief. "Okay, well, obviously, I do. But it's more than that. He's funny, and he's sweet, and so nice, and we like a lot of the same things." I look up at him quickly before looking back down. "He read to me, Seb. He read to me. And we wrote each other little letters and-"

I chew on the corner of my lip as I pause. "I let him drive me."

I hesitantly look back at Seb, only to see his mouth wide open and his eyes wide, hands still mixing his coffee with a straw. "D, are you serious? You really let him drive you?" I sighed and then nodded.