Chapter 9

A/N: Heyyyyyy! No surprise, here's another cute chapter. If you're getting bored of soft stuff, I'm going to repeat that it's not going to get dramatic for a whileeee lol. I figure people like reading happy stuff :')

TW: sexual stuff??

I'm not good at tw's but yeah, this chapter contains VERY VERY VERY MINOR sexual content. Like, insanely minor but some people are uncomfortable with it so I thought I'd add a warning.

The song I attached is meant to be listened to while you read that specific scene, so I'll put a warning for when to listen to it!

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing and it takes everything in me to move out of Harry's arms to reach my phone.

I get out of bed and walk into my bathroom to talk. "Hello?" I answer groggily.

Jeff speaks hurriedly, "Good morning, Delilah! Sorry if I woke you up, but I need you to come into the office. I just have some news about your job."

My heart starts beating faster and my face heats. "O-Okay. No problem, I'll be there soon." I stand in the bathroom for a few minutes before I will myself to walk back into my room.

When I do, Harry is up and he's stretching. Still without a shirt.

That's a sight I wouldn't mind waking up to every day.

I hear Harry laugh and I look up from his torso. "I second that statement, honeybee."

I feel my face heat uncomfortably and my eyes widen, "Did I say that out loud?"

He laughs again, "You did. Like some sort of stage-whisper. It's cute." He walks towards me with a smile and leans in, planting a kiss on my cheek. "Good morning."

He backs away and walks into the bathroom, leaving me standing in the same place, frozen.

When he comes back out, he's still smiling. It's unnerving, really. Who's that happy in the morning?

"I am."

I curse under my breath, realizing I did it again. I put my embarrassment aside and ask, "Why are you so happy?"

His response is the best one I could've asked for. "With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?"

I smile widely at him, "I missed the Wilde quotes. Glad to have you back."

He laughs and checks his phone. "Oh, Jeff is asking me to come in to see him. Weird."

My smile drops and I feel my eyes widen. "Delilah?" I don't speak, the nerves taking over my body. "Honeybee, what's wrong?"

I come out of it when I hear the pet name, "Um," I croak out. "Jeff called me into the office. He said he has news about my job." I look up at him, concerned. "You don't think he's going to fire me, do you? I've done everything he's asked. Is it because I'm with you so much? Oh God, what am I going to do? I need this job! And I can't become a stripper to pay the bills, I don't have the body for that! Oh my-"

"Delilah!" Harry grabs my face in his hands and squishes my cheeks together. "You're going to be fine. He's not going to fire you. You're amazing at your job. And about that last part, I beg to differ. Now, let's get dressed, and we'll go together, alright?"

My cheeks heat but I nod at his words. "Right. Yes, okay. Let's do that."

Harry puts his shirt back on and I give him a spare toothbrush, so he goes in the bathroom while I get dressed.