Chapter 23

A/N: Hello, my golden babies! We've made it to the finish line :') let's cross it together, yeah?

I want to say something lol. If some people seem to think that me skipping the time by days, weeks, or even months, is me going too quick, remember, it's intentional. I'm not going to write out every detail of every day of their lives because it's going to end up unnecessarily dragging it out. I wouldn't leave anything important out, otherwise I wouldn't be much of a writer, would I?

Also, sorry about this. But you'll forgive me pretty quick tbh pain is temporary, especially in my writing bc I hate sadness :) (and the song has nothing to do with the chapter, I just recently heard it and wowza, she's insane).

LOL ok enjoy!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, Delilah, so everything is set up for tour. We leave in about a month and you'll be done by October." I nodded at Jeff as he was looking through his laptop, making sure everything was set up.

I was extremely nervous. I never expected my life to become this and now that tour is finally happening, and it's going to be almost 8 months long, I think I might throw up. I was going to be away from home for so long.

"Okay, sounds good." Jeff notices my unease and softens his expression.

"Delilah, you deserve this. You're extremely talented and hard-working. You deserve this." He repeats.

I nod but I still feel sick. "People should call you Sex Tape." I nervously blurt out.

Jeff only gives me a blank stare with his eyebrows raised, "What?"

"Um, because you make people famous."

He's silent for a beat before he bursts out laughing. "Oh my God, Delilah. You really are something else." He pauses before laughing again. "I'm telling everyone that."

The meeting passes and we finish up every last detail.

I'm on my way home and Harry is waiting at my apartment with Seb. I walk in and find Harry and Seb in the kitchen with aprons on and flour all over themselves.

"Wow. Did you guys have fun?" I ask with a playful smile on my face.

They shrug sheepishly and  Harry walks up to me, "Hi, baby." He kisses me and Seb gags.

"Oh, shut up. You're just jealous." I look up at Harry. "Can I talk to you really quick?" He furrows his eyebrows but follows me into my room.

I let out a breath once we're inside and he shuts the door behind us. "What's wrong, baby?"

"So, my tour starts next month." He nods. "And I'm going to be gone for a long time. Like a really long time." He nods again. "I just wanted to make sure...we're good, right? Like the distance thing is going to be fine? 'Cuz I'm going to be gone way longer than I thought and not seeing your significant other for that long can take a toll on the relationship-"

"Delilah." He stops my rambling. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Nothing,  I just want to make sure we're good. Like, um, being away for each other for almost a year isn't easy. So, we're good, right?"

He stares at me and squints his eyes, "Yes, we're good." He pauses. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

"No! God, no, I just- I'm giving you an out. If you want it," I tell him cautiously, the words hurting me.

"An out?"

"Like, if you think we won't be able to...make it." My eyes water.

He comes closer to me and puts his hands on my arms. "Honeybee, it'll be fine. I don't want an out. This is your dream and I'm going to be here to support it all the way through, okay? There's Facetime, and planes, and mail. We'll be alright."