10

"Is it really necessary for me to get a car, John? Like I said I don't have a license," Whitney shut up when she looks at John. She knows that he won't hurt her, but she doesn't want to make him angry either.

"I want you to have a car so that you have some independence. You won't be needing my permission or Michael's to leave. I don't want you to feel like you have to stay at the mansion. There is no reason for you to do so. I would like you to let me know when you leave and where so that if you need assistance of some sort I can get there or at least get some men there. If you would, I would like you to tell me about what time you expect to come home, so I don't have to keep bothering you with texts and what not. You will be a target since you are my girlfriend.

"Because of that I would like to leave in the tracking device in you, if that is alright?" John says not letting her leave the safety of his hold.

Whitney had known of the tracking device. All the elite whores had one. It is the reason they were trusted to leave the confines of the house unguarded. No matter where they went they would be found and then beaten.

Whitney shudders at the memory of the one whore that had tried leaving. They brought her back and beat her to death in front of the rest of them so they wouldn't do it themselves. As far as Whitney is concerned it was more than effective.

"Hey, it's okay. If you want to have it removed we can do that. I just don't want you taken from me and not be able to find you again." John tells her softly.

"No, it's fine. I was just remembering about the last time one of us tried to run. They brought her back and brutally beat and well by the time she was allowed alone she was nearly dead and didn't take her long to die afterwards."

John just holds her and waits until he feels her calm down before letting her go. He wipes away her tears before releasing her.

"You having a car is necessary for your independence. You aren't a slave anymore and I want you to feel the freedom. You already have an appointment on Wednesday at the DMV to get your license."

Whitney looks at him nonplussed. "I don't have the documentation to get my license." She whispers not wanting to make him more upset. She can't help the feeling of needing to flinch away from him. 

Seeing this John takes a moment to calm down. "I'm sorry, Whitney. I don't mean to make you afraid of me. I do have some anger triggers. I promise to work on it. I won't hurt you."

"I know, I didn't mean to flinch, just reaction, I'm sorry." Whitney does her best to reassure John but she isn't able to make her voice go very loud. She really isn't scared of him, but she doesn't like making him feel bad and she knows that her actions did.

John isn't so sure just how he should react, but he hesitantly goes over to her and pulls her into his arms. He makes sure that he moves slowly to give her time to move if she doesn't want it. He holds her gently. "It's not your fault, Whitney, love, my father knows how to beat into people how they should act. He did a real number on you for years. It's my fault for not controlling my temper. There is no excuse for that." John pulls back and gently frames her face, capturing her eyes he says, "I won't hurt you, you know that, right."

Whitney places her hands on his, holding them on her face. "Of course I do. I really didn't want to flinch away from you, that's my fault."

"No, it's never your fault. This was taught to you and will take some time to unlearn, you might never do so. It was literally beat into you to be like that. Please, don't take this on you."

Whitney just lets him hold her and soon she starts to relax in his hold.

"You can get any kind of car you want. We can and likely will make modifications to the car."