Chap 5

(Zarin's eye) ☝️

Mahira picked Zarin up from her clinic and then drove towards the ice parlor. Mahira parked her car near the ice cream parlor which was her favorite place to hang out from her college time along with her two best friends Dr. Zoya who was a gynecologist and Dr. Zara who was a dermatologist where Zarin work recently as a receptionist. 

Now it was Zarin's favorite place also, as she used to love peace and a calm atmosphere. Mahira got down of the car and came towards Zarin to help her get down. Once both were out of the car she auto-locked it and holding Zarin's hand walked towards the ice cream parlor. 

But little did they know that today's visit to this ice cream parlor would change everything in their life as somebody was watching their moves. 

They both got inside and took a corner seat to sit as Zarin never wanted to be the center of attraction and a topic to gossip or whisper about.

The ice cream parlor would always be crowded after 8 in the evening so Mahira always made it a point to leave the parlor before 7.30 that is before it gets crowded. 

When they entered they saw a group of 4 college girls who were chatting and laughing and guess waiting for their order. on the other table, two boys were busy on their phones. 

Both Zarin and Mahira taking the menu card and deciding which ice cream to eat made them so engrossed that they never saw somebody already enter the ice cream parlor to see them.

***************

Zaid was driving back home along with Saad on the passenger seat when he suddenly pulls off the brakes to stop his car which made Saad hurt his forehead to the dashboard. 

 "What the hell bhai?" Saad yelled while rubbing his palm on his forehead. But Zaid was not even bothered to hear him. Saad notice this and his eyes travel to the direction where Zaid's gaze was fixed and it was non-other than Mahira. 

"Bhai habi bhi kahoge ki yeh pehli nazar ka pyar nahi hai" (Would you still say that this is not love at first sight) saying this Saad again gaze towards Mahira.

Zaid did not answer Saad's question but still kept his gaze fixed on Mahira and her moves. Both the Khan brothers saw how Mahira was helping a girl to get down from her car and hold her hand. The girl was in her black abaya and a veil was covered on her face as they were walking towards the ice cream parlor. 

Though the Khan brothers could she only through their side, this made them more curious to see both of them and to know their relation. 

"Bhai let's go." Zaid narrowed his eyes towards Saad in a confusion. Saad quickly told him "bhai there is no rule book that says that Mafia king cannot eat ice cream let's go inside the parlor." And a smile broke on Zaid's face he patted Saad's shoulder as a gesture very good idea and parked his car and both the brothers walked inside the parlor.  

Their eyes travelled to see the parlor it was a nice cozy place and had many colors. Both the Khan brother's gaze stop at one place that was the corner where Mahira was sitting with Zarin. 

When Zarin kept both her hand down on the table which was holding the menu card before from her face. Zaid lost it. His eyes got glued to those mesmerizing hazel brown honey eyes. Saad was mesmerized too, to see those eyes. 

Zaid could not stop himself saying "Masha Allah" it was like time has frozen for him, he could stand there for hours to stare at those eyes. He forgot to blink and even skip a heartbeat. He was eager to know about her and to hold her. 

Zaid was brought out from his trance when Saad pat on his shoulder. Saad saw the expression on his brother's face and did not know what to say so he just kept silent. They sat down and were staring at Mahira and Zarin. 

The other two boys who were on their mobile earlier started humming songs and passing comments towards the college group girls who were feeling awkward by those filthy comments before Mahira and Zarin came. 

But later seeing Mahira and Zarin they started humming different item songs and continue passing more filthy comments. 

Mahira was about to stand up and yelled at them but Zarin holds her hand and shook her head in no. Mahira gave up as she knew that she cannot create a scene when Zarin is with her otherwise the consequences would be worse which she might won't be able to handle alone. 

This all never when unnoticed by the Khan brothers, they were about to teach those boys lessons but were waiting for them to move out of the parlor as they never wanted to spoil their reputation in front of Mahira and the girl who was with her as they knew how beast they could become instead of becoming a hero. 

Seeing Mahira getting up from her chair both the Khan brother hold the menu card from the table in front of their face so that Mahira could not see their faces. Once they found her walk pass by them they change their table and when a bit closer to their table and sat on the diagonal side so that only they can see them and hear but Mahira and Zarin won't as there was a pillar.

Zarin lean her head back and rested her head on the wall as she was feeling tired and a bit dizzy so she closed her eyes. 

"Kya baat hai koi aakhe band kar ke bhi itna khoobsurat lag sakta hai. Dil karta hai is aankho ko chum lu." (How can someone look so beautiful with closed eyes. I feel like kissing those eyes) One of the boys said, and that was it for Zaid to wake the beast in him. 

Saad knew Zaid alone was enough for such cheat younger who was like an ant to Zaid, his just one hand on their shoulder or wrist and they could have a fracture for weeks. 

Zaid quickly got up from his chair and was about to remove his gun from his holster which was covered by his coat, but Saad holds his hand and nob in a no. 

Zaid close his eyes and took a deep breath and went near their table and stood beside the boys who were busy passing comment to the girl he had fallen in love with at first sight. 

He took the hand of the boy and place it on the table and quickly remove a small knife from his pocket. Zaid places his other hand on the boy's shoulder the grip was so tight that his bones could break anytime. He then started playing with the knife in between his fingers. 

The boy was about to protest and yelled, but one deadly glare from Zaid was enough to keep his mouth shut. Sweat forms on the boy's forehead. Zaid loses his grip on his shoulder and warns him to get up and get out at that very moment. 

The boys fear his action and quickly went out of the ice cream parlor. When Zaid turn back to go towards his chair the group of girls who were sitting mouthed thanks to him. He just nobs and went back on his sit.