𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

When Harlow shot up, she immediately tried to cover her eyes with her hands. She was slightly restrained however by a IV. Her breathing started to become uneven. But when she scanned her room, she calmed down again.

There, sleeping peacefully in a uncomfortable hospital chair, was the curly haired boy. Hair messy, eyes closed, his head leaning on his hand. Harlow started to smile lightly, when his eyes shot open, and instantly locked on hers.

'Hello there stranger', she chuckled while she attempted to wink. His eyes instantly became worried. 'Har? You okay?' he said, while sitting down on her bed.

'I-I don't know?' she said, more sounding like a question. She shook her head slightly: 'Wha-Wait how am I here?' she said confused, her breath catching in her throat. His hands instantly found her cold ones, and he rubbed circles in her palm.

'Yo-You got into an accident' he whispered. 'What?' she whispered back. He looked up at her, while letting one of her hands go, grabbing his phone. With one hand, he tried to find the video, and showed her.

She heard the awful noise of tyres locking up again, and her face scrunched up at the sound of that. 'Tha- Wait what day is it?' she said while looking outside. Well, attempting, since it was pitch dark. 'You've slept for a couple of hours if you're wondering. It's just Monday morning' he answered while also looking outside.

'And you- You've stayed here?' she started while looking at their intertwined hands, 'with me?' she ended. He let out one of his famous laughs, but soft, while squeezing her hands: 'Of course I did Har', while his eyes lighted up. She didn't even notice that she started smiling, until he said: 'Why are you smiling?'.

She instantly turned a light shade of red, but still noticeable. He started chuckling, but didn't question more. Eventually, he laid down beside her in the small bed. But it didn't matter to them. She laid her head on his chest, and he continued rubbing circles in her palm, while they both fell into a dreamless sleep.

The both of them shot wide awake when they heard a loud gasp, and an even louder voice: 'Harlow Jane Flores! And who the HELL are you!', she heard the dreadful voice of her mother half scream.

Lando just half ignored it, and his arm around her waist tightened up again. She smiled down at him, before remembering that her 'family' was in the room. 'I can ask you the same question' she instantly shot back. At this, Lando's eyes started to flutter open slightly, before his eyes locked with the angry ones from Harlow's mother. But he didn't let her go, he just held on tighter.

'Because WE' her mother started while waving her manicured finger between Harlow's father and herself, 'are your parents, they CALLED us. But that doesn't explain, why that... BOY is here', her mother ended, while pointing at Lando. 'It's not very... nice, to point a finger at someone', Harlow said. If you thought someone couldn't turn angrier then they already were, you are very wrong. Harlow's mother almost exploded.

'You- You-' she started, but stormed out of the room while slamming the door. Harlow felt the sound trough her chest. Her father nodded slightly, before following her mother.

Harlow breathed out, while Lando looked at her. 'You okay?' he whispered. She just nodded absently. 'I jus- I just don't understand how she can be my mother if she hates me that much', she whispered after a while, her voice cracking at the very end. Lando just shook his head, before also putting his other arm around her. Engulfing her in a side hug.

He felt his shirt getting damp from her tears. He rubbed circles on her back, trying to calm her down. After a while someone knocked on her door. Harlow immediately tensed up, but a young woman opened the door slightly. 'I'm not interrupting something?' she asked insecurely. Harlow let out a small laugh, while Lando chuckled: 'No you didn't' he said politely.