➵ XV. Alpha Meets King

Saturday, December 23rd, 2017, 12:00pm

Until We Go Down - Ruelle

Rei's POV

I wonder how that conversation is going, telling Asher and them about the Rogue Kingdom.

I'll go back in a bit. The silence is nice. The wind blows softly as I take a deep breath. My eyes snap open. Sandalwood and pine, accompanied by a rogue scent.

Thatcher.

I stand and shake some snow off my body. I look around, my eyes narrowed. I spot Thatcher's sandy blonde coat along with the rest of the Rulers, Daring, Four, AJ, Max and Darcy. I growl softly as I notice they're coming towards me.

And just when I think things can't get worse, one of Moonblood's patrols shows up behind me, growling at all of us. Thatcher growls back and I know they'll start fighting if I don't do something. But I also can't keep them apart on my own.

Guys, I'm gonna need some help, I say. Thatcher's here with the Rulers and facing off with one of the pack's patrols.

Be there in a flash, Killian replies.

Asher's just getting told about them now from the patrol, Clove adds.

I look at Thatcher just as he takes a step towards the patrol. I growl at him, making him look at me.

Come on, Queenie, he whines. You're no fun.

Go find fun somewhere else, King, I say. Out of all packs out there, why come here?

Like I said before, Thatcher replies, stepping closer to me. A king needs his queen.

One of the patrol wolves growls again. They can't hear our conversation so they don't know what's happening. Thatcher looks at his group and nods. Daring goes to lunge but before he does, I use my power and create a wall of flames in between us and the patrol. The tongues of flame burn high, too high for a wolf to jump and the line of flames is too wide to jump across.

I hear some of the pack wolves yelp in surprise. Daring sends a glare at me, so I stick my tongue out at him. Killian appears next to me, dropping down from the branches. I guess he climbed a tree on the other side of the fire and jumped across that way.

"Hello tops and bottoms," Killian says, grinning.

Daring gives a wolf grin and waves with one paw with a bark. The rest of the Rulers just roll their eyes.

Stop the fire, Queenie, Thatcher says.

Why? I reply. You'll just attack them.

Exactly, Thatcher hisses. I want blood to be spilt.

Then go find a different pack to attack, I say.

Thatcher growls. Not unless you and the rest of the Royals come with us.

I don't want to leave yet, Killian says, pouting.

King, we leave on the fifth of January, I say. Then we're back in our house and everything goes back to normal.

Except it won't, Thatcher replies. You think you can just walk away from Alpha Asshole after this vacation of yours? You won't be able to! By then the bond will be too strong and you'll be attached to him like a leech.

How do you know? I ask.

Thatcher hesitates, something rare for him to do. Because that's what happened to me.