21.THE RETURN {Jacob}

JACOB

"This is the same trail we followed up in the forest till the cave." Edward concluded. Everyone sat still, no one blinks or moves, being engrossed in their own deep thoughts.

I glanced at the floor briefly, leaning against the corner wall of the living room, trying to make list of possibilities -even to cut it short. Why would someone sneak into Nessie's room? Moreover stealing something that belongs to her, and is of no use that can be used against any of us? Secondly, it's the same trail that followed her in the forest upto the cave!

What could it be?

Nothing was making sense. Not even my own thoughts helps me much ever when it comes to her.

"We'll check across the forest!" Sam said, his voice authoritative. He looked at me and nodded.

I could particularly say that this wasn't something that really meant "checking across the forest!" This referred "to chase and hunt down whatever it is." And I am ready for this.

Yes! I am ready.

I am strong. I can stand to it and take care of her. I need to...My eyes flickered to her and our gaze met; as if the space and time becomes the finest point imaginable and time collapse as my universe begins and ends with her. I could run forever, search forever. But in the end, every path leads me right back to her.

I blinked. Trust me!....was all I wanted to say.

I rushed out of the house, exploding into a werewolf. I let out an inviting howl and lurched myself into the dense forest.

The chase wasn't in the open, it was a one sided running, all calculated moves. First to stalk it, then poke for their target and reason and then hunt them down.

But, who could it be?

What do I care?! Each one of them is a fat addition to my out-of-life problems part.

I run, feet kissing the ground so fast and far travelling at speed, breathing steady, heart strong. I chase the trail.

It's the same trail we followed that night! Seth said, as he covered the paving stones with a great looping gait.

The trail is streched all across the forest. First to the south-west of the river, but then it turns off to the north! Leah informed and witha slight effort, she outran rest of the gang.

It stretches exactly same here....at the north-head of the forest Paul catched up, running like the winter breeze, colliding into animated objects and crashing waves hitting the shore line.

I flung myself over sharp rocks and heavy tree trunks. I didn't know where I was or where I was heading, but with each step the trail kept intensifying.

The scent is concentrating with my each step...and I am at the northern head of the forest. It completely disappears hear! I informed.

But the chase is on my dear and I'll find whatever it is and hunt it down. So run! Run as far as you want, hide wherever you want! I will find you and promise you not only death, but a painful end beyond measure.