25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 2)

JACOB

Leah flicked to me. 'What do you mean?'

'It's now or never.' I stared at the droopy-eyed-old man who sat there impassively, glaring back at us.

'Jacob!' She wisphered.

I stood up pacing fast towards him, as Leah followed. 'We are here with a purpose!' I snapped at that old man.

The bearded man scoffed. 'I was aware of it the very first time you stepped inside my house. I am sure the Quilete symbol proves what you both are.'

I shook the shock that struck my mind, interrupting my angry thoughts. Where it ebidded and flowed in my blood but beside it calmed me down. And as I wasn't sure about why did it happened.

'Then why did you let us stay?' Leah asked.

'Because I never saw the strong urge and patience like this to accomplish the purpose through someone's eyes.' He paused. 'Whatever you are here for is your need and not your want!' He smiled. 'And I'm here for your help.'

I felt a sudden popping respect for this half-shut-eyed man and a soft sorrow for him.

'There are some questions that we want you to answer.' Leah hesitated. 'Only if that's not too much for us to ask for?'

'I will be glad to~'

I held my breath together.'Do you know something about The Crescent Alpha?'

'Huh! The Crescent Alpha?!' He repeated, with his lips twitched a little. 'For over 6 centuries ago, a werewolf tribe here was blessed with the power of immortality by a noble witch, beside the fact that transform into a wolf or not.' He paused, his eyes furrowed. 'But no one ever ask me about this.' He coughed. 'Strange! Isn't it?' He said.

'And what else~?' I asked and at the same time anger flushed me. Are we here from the last 15 days to get to know what we already knew?! No. No. He would know more! Deep breaths.

'I don't know any further about this.'

My fist clenched, with my jaw rooted tight.

'Jacob!' Leah warned.

'But_' He added. 'I know a place where you can find about it. Maybe it will help~'

Leah shook her head. 'We would be pleased to know.'

'It will almost consume 6 days of travel if you would start from tomorrow; to reach the the upper southwest part of America.' He soon told us address of somewhat -a historian.

'She wasn't a historian!' Leah interrupted.

'Yeah! She was....Whatever she was!' I hesitated.

After 5 days of travel we finally spotted a house, crimson-brown with shiny white beams and pillars, with side stair as an entrance. It was surrendered between the grassy lush of green and that made it even hard to get to know how it would help us?!

 It was surrendered between the grassy lush of green and that made it even hard to get to know how it would help us?!