22.THE WILD CARD {Jacob}

Jacob

Oh no

Oh no..no..no

A cold tingling numbness spreads across my forehead, bile surged into my mouth. I wasn't able to speak because the muscle in my mouth were paralyzed. Moreover; even if I could speak I wouldn't know what to say! All I could hear was silence....Drinking in the new information; decoding what it means and how should I react_?

Why is he here?! Does she even believe this herself or is this just another nightmare I am trapped into....so many questions flashed across my mind at once_ too many for me to even know what they were. I didn't know how I felt. I don't know how should I feel angry, sad or...jealous?!

"Well! We haven't officially met." I broke off my thoughts and came to sit beside her.

She looked at me; wide-eyed, mouth agape. Her face personified with unexpected surprise; slowly sliding in concern. Her eyes locked with mine; steady and understanding; sucking away every emotion of anger filled inside me.

"Ofcourse we haven't! I am Chris." The out-of-discussion voice interrupted. His hands skipped forward for a handshake.

"I'm Jacob." I said; turning down the idea of handshake.

"Ouch!" He complained; as he lowered his hand. "Well! Then..I think..I should get going." He said; patting his jeans.

Of course. Because there is not even one good reason for you to stay! His presence seemed to buzz around me like a fly that I could never swat. His every word, movement and breathe he performs seemed to infruiate me to no end.

"It was nice meeting you, Chris." Renesmee stood up with him and I followed; as if to pay some little respect I had for him.

"O please! The pleasure is all mine and I do surely hope that we are destined to cross our paths again. Bye!" He smiled and turned to leave, walking out.

Renesmee glared at me; smiling "What happened to you_?!"

"What was he doing here?!" I asked, with a pulled up brow.

She rolled her eyes and came to sit beside me; wrapping my hands in hers. "He just came to return....this." She handed me the stone-woven silver enlaced bracelet.

"_and how did he find your house?!" I asked, surprised by acknowledgement of a mere human finding the Cullens Mansion in the admist of the forest. I waited eagerly for her answer.

She shook her head. "I dun'no."

I felt something strange; something puzzling about it. "I will be back in a minute." I said and stormed out of the house.

I wonder what miles he would have covered_?! Huh! A slow human could have walked a ten mile.....A hundred miles or maximum 200 miles even if he would be running down the passage. I paced about almost 400 miles but did not find him. The passage was all empty and silent; fed by tree saplings and large woods.