Chapter 25: Mama

Obviously, Andrea's wish was not granted.

'How dare she?' was the only thing that Luke thought. He only felt disgusted feelings towards the maid so he didn't even bother looking at her before leaving the room with a cold expression.

Hamish and the estate's guards followed Luke quickly, leaving Andrea lonely as she cried even more.

Afterwards, it didn't take long for the investigation results about Andrea to come out. The agents laid it out and reported in front of Luke and Hamish.

"We have found that Miss Andrea McLaren has been closely linked to the Young Master's former nannies. She insinuates to the nannies that His Grace likes them and also brainwashes them to think that the Young Master is harmful to His Grace. We have discovered that Miss McLaren accomplishes this by secretly giving the nannies a certain drug associated with having illusions, which is the same one that she takes."

While listening to the agent, Hamish never thought his opinion of Andrea would get even worse.

'Encouraging other girls to have romance with the man she likes? Just how retarded is that?' Hamish secretly judged Andrea.

"We have found several testimonies from Young Master's former nannies that have survived and they have testified to this. It was fortunate that the effects of the drugs come off after not taking it for a long time so the former nannies were able to speak up."

"What an ugly heart! If she does that with the Young Master's former nannies, then what about the nanny he has now? Did you guys investigate?" Hamish blurted out as he gritted his teeth in anger.

The agent quickly nodded then shook his head.

"We have investigated, Sir. Miss McLaren also tried to befriend Miss Dalena Angeles and even gave her the same drugs in disguise of treats that she gave to former nannies. However, it seems like Miss Angeles only kept those and never consumed them. Rest assured as we have taken it out from Miss Angeles' room."

With Dalena being mentioned, Luke finally spoke after being silent the whole time.

"Good. I think it's also good if she does not know the full course of this matter we have found. Keep it within our circle." Luke commanded.

"Understood, Your Grace." the agent replied.

Luke maintained his calm persona as the agent reported even more evidences of what Andrea has done over the years. Truthfully, he thought his mother had something to do with the nannies because he already tried investigating those cases from the point of his mother's side.

He thought that his mother was capable of doing worse things but 'thankfully', she's not as bad as he thought?

With that in mind, Luke could not help but shiver and frown a bit. To think that an outsider would propagate all of this, it really makes him irritated to the bones.

How dare an irrelevant person hurt his son continuously? To even try and frame the woman he's currently attracted to as well?

"Move that person away from this estate and send her to the lowest prison possible in Britain. I will apply a personal request to have her sentenced in prison for a lifetime." Luke said in a chilling voice.

It was in circumstances like this that Luke really gets to show his power as a duke in the modern world. It was given that they were still provided with special treatment but aside from that, they were also able to apply for various requests, such as adjusting the timeframe of sentence for those who have offended nobles like them.

***

Dalena heard briefly about Andrea's situation. Apparently, she has done more crimes than framing her and stealing the ducal house's heritage.