Chapter 32: Undeniable Attraction

The holidays quickly flew by and in a snap, it was already a new year.

Without no choice, Dalena had to return to the Grosvenor estate and resume her nanny duties.

She would not only continue her job - it would also be inevitable to see a certain man this time...

Thanks to the holidays though, Dalena's mind became a bit clearer.

She can't be too muddle-headed. The job at the Grosvenor Estate had a very good pay so it was too good to pass by. As much as possible, she should stay in it until her visa expires.

And so, she has already practiced her apology speech to Luke countless times.

However, no matter how many times she practiced and prepared to strengthen her courage, she felt very intimidated upon facing Luke.

"We have something to talk about, don't we?" Luke said in a gentle voice.

Currently, they were at one of the estate's meeting rooms. Once she confirmed her arrival at the estate, Dalena was informed by a staff that the Duke invited her for a meeting.

"Huh? About what, Your Grace?" Dalena tried to reply casually.

With Dalena pretending to not know anything, Luke smirked and raised his eyebrows at her, as if he was challenging her purposely.

"You know what." Luke emphasised his tone.

Foolishly, with Luke's way of saying that, blush crept on Dalena's cheeks.

"We kissed that day, do you remember? I liked it. And I'm pretty sure you did too. Remember what you said? You told me our kiss was 'delicious'." Luke said without blinking in a teasing tone.

'How could the Duke be this shameless and not shy at all?' Dalena secretly thought, too embarrassed to answer Luke.

Right now, it seems like Luke noticed that Dalena was too tense and just took the opportunity to tease her even more. With his teasing, he's hoping that Dalena relaxes a little and stop being so stiff in front of him.

"That.. that... I apologise, Your Grace. I did not know what I was saying back then because I had too much alcohol." Dalena tried to say in a formal tone.

In actuality, she was proud of herself for saying that without stuttering while facing Luke's intense gaze.

"Hmm... Indeed, the more I have to take responsibility because you had alcohol while I did not. In addition, I remember that you asked me a question that day but I did not have an opportunity to answer you properly."

Upon hearing Luke's words, Dalena furrowed her eyebrows a bit. She was confused as she was sure that she remembered everything, even the part where the Duke gently fed her the hangover medicine soup. What was Luke talking about?

'Remember... Remember... Your Grace, can you not recall anymore?' Dalena mocked Luke secretly in her thoughts, already embarrassed at whatever Luke was going to say.

"You asked me if I hated you? That's ridiculous because the first time I saw you, I was already attracted to you. When I got to know you, the more I thought you were cute." Luke murmured.

Was she not hallucinating right now? Dalena's face was flushed and as if she couldn't take it anymore, she removed her eye contact with Luke.

If she was not grounded and rational, Dalena believed that she would really fall into the trap of the shameless duke in front of her.

'How could his words sound so sweet and believable? It's really no wonder he must have hooked up with his son's previous nannies as well.' Dalena thought firmly.