Chapter 15: The Dowager Duchess

"What did you just say!?"

Fresh from a vacation in Switzerland, Antonia Grovenor, Dowager Duchess of Rothesay, thought that the things she was managing would be relatively stable.

However, just now, she got a message from one of her staff, reading the latest report of the happenings at the Grosvenor Estate.

Was her long vacation in Switzerland the calm before the storm? If only the Dowager Duchess knew, she wouldn't have extended her vacation endlessly.

According to her people in the Grosvenor Estate, her son fired the nanny she hired once again and this time, he hired someone by himself without consulting with her. Worse is, he hired someone who is not Norland-trained and a foreigner!

With that, how can she not be enraged?

Her unfilial son, Luke, should even be thankful for her because she meticulously selects the nannies for his bastard son.

Even though Luke might be the head of the Grosvenor Group now, the Dowager Duchess knew that a lot of people from the aristocratic circle still determines her as the person with true power due to her influence and close relations with the monarch and prime minister.

Thinking about the situation again, the Dowager Duchess' blood boiled, cursing her son.

"How dare him, that child!"

Due to her intense emotions, the Dowager Duchess did not waste any time. She did not even rest that much despite the jet lag she felt and head immediately to the Grosvenor Estate.

She did not usually stay in the estate since she preferred one of their families' vacation houses instead. Besides, it's not like it would be of use to stay here when all she does is travel all year and attend social gatherings. After living in the estate for so many years, the Dowager Duchess just wanted a new environment and did not have energy to manage anything within the estate.

"Where is Luke!" the Dowager Duchess shouted in an aggressive tone, making some of the house helpers flinch a little.

One of them was brave enough to answer her, although in a mellow tone.

"His Grace is not here yet, Dowager Duchess. I believe that he had business matters that he attended outside."

At the house helper's response, the Dowager Duchess sighed and glared at her.

"Then how about the kid? Where is he!?"

The house helper was quite surprised that the Dowager Duchess was looking for Little George, but she had no choice but to answer her immediately.

"The Young Master is at the arts room."

Without waiting for anything else, the Dowager Duchess walked pass the house helpers and walked up to the stairs, aiming to reach the art room.

However, before she opened the door, another house helper came out and bowed slightly to her.

"Greetings to you, Your Grace. The Young Master was here a while ago but he went to his room to take a bath. I just cleaned up the mess along with the Young Master's nanny."

As she heard the word 'nanny', the Dowager Duchess fumed even more. It doesn't matter if the bastard kid wasn't there, it wasn't her main concern. This is exactly what she was looking for, the random nanny that her son got.

Immediately, with glaring eyes, the Dowager Duchess opened the doors of the art room without any hesitations.

Dalena was still arranging some easels when she heard the loud thud of the door and heavy footsteps.