xxxiii. cap'n

BOOM TOWN PART ONE

BOOM TOWN PART ONE

edited as of january 10th, 2021

Being teleported was the only thing that woke Charlotte up. However, reappearing standing up with only seconds awake caused her to lose her balance. Falling backward, her breath hitched before she felt someone catch her.

Blinking her eyes open, she struggled to get a word out when seeing Jack Harkness keeping her up. "... Thank you?" Charlotte says to him as she stands up.

"Anything for you," he replied with a cocky smile.

Charlotte, across from him, let out a laugh through her cringe. "Yeah, no." She looks away from Jack, taking in the console room. The Doctor, in his ninth regeneration this time, didn't pay her much attention as he worked at the top of a ladder. Rose stood at the other side of the console.

A knock on the TARDIS' door immediately catches her attention.

"I got it," announced Jack, gaining only the response of a few mumbles from the Doctor as he threw open the door. Not giving the man on the other side a chance to speak up, he asks, "Who the hell are you?"

"What do you mean who the hell am I?" exclaimed Mickey. "Who the hell are you?"

"Captain Jack Harkness. Whatever you're selling, we're not buying."

Jack was close to closing the door when Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Just let him in."

"Get out of my way!" said Mickey as he pushed past him.

Finally shutting the door, Jack looks over to Rose. "Don't tell me, this must be Mickey."

With a light strapped to his forehead, the Doctor glances at the group at the top of the ladder. "Here comes trouble! How are you doing, Ricky boy?"

"It's Mickey!"

Rose rolled her eyes at the Doctor before looking back to Mickey. "Don't listen to him, he's winding you up."

"You look fantastic," Mickey tells her before they hugged tightly.

Jack, looking over at them, glanced over to Charlotte. "Awww, look at these two. How come I never get any of that?"

Charlotte put her lips together in deep thought. "How do you want me to order it? Alphabetical? Chronological?"

At that, Jack sighed in exasperation. "You'd vouch for me, right, Doctor?"

He glimpsed down at him. "Buy me a drink first."

"You're both such hard work."

"But worth it." Charlotte beams, sticking her hands into her sweater's pockets, looks back up at the Doctor. "Eh, Doctor?" she adds, only to get a tight-smile and a hum in response. While he didn't seem as cold to her as he did last time, he didn't seem as friendly as he was yesterday. To her, he was like lukewarm coffee, which caused her to frown when knowing there's nothing she can do but be as nice as possible.