xiii. possessed pinstripes part three

MIDNIGHT PART THREE

MIDNIGHT PART THREE

edited as of march 27th, 2020

"She's right," Charlotte agreed with the hostess' idea to throw Sky out of the shuttle.

"She's right," repeated Sky a second after, however, she was hardly heard from this far back in the shuttle.

The Doctor looks away from the hostess and over to his friend. From his face alone, she could tell how stunned he was by what she suggested. "She can't even move!" He said along with Sky.

"Just look at her," she began, glimpsing towards her as she did- seeing her mock her own words. "Her eyes, don't you see how cold they are? She'd kill any of us in an instant- just like she did to Joe and Claude."

Looking down to Sky as well, the hostess knew what Charlotte was leading to. "And we're next..." she added on.

Hearing her, Biff stormed past the Doctor to Sky. "She's still doing it. Just stop. Stop talking! Stop it!" He shouted at her, Sky following along perfectly.

"Biff, don't, sweetheart," Val calls to her husband.

"But she won't stop," Biff and Sky complain, coming back to the group. "We can't throw her out, though. We can't even open the doors."

The Doctor stopped him at that, "No one is getting thrown out," he tells Biff with his eyebrows raised. He looks the man in the eyes, testing him. Biff says nothing more and goes to stand beside his wife.

"Yes, we can," Dee Dee plus Sky blurt in the silence. "Because there's an air pressure seal. Like when you opened the cabin door, you weren't pulled out. You had a couple of seconds because it takes the pressure wall about six seconds to collapse," she pauses, looking to Biff and Val on her right. "Well, six seconds exactly. That's enough time to throw someone out."

"Thanks, Dee Dee. Just what we needed," the Doctor says sarcastically, along with Sky.

Val looks over to Dee Dee. "Would it kill her outside?" She asks.

"I don't know," answered Dee Dee and Sky. "But she's got a body now. It would certainly kill the physical form."

The Doctor leans forward, his face stern as he looks to all of us. "No one is killing anyone," he stated along with Sky, his voice showing how cross he is at the idea.

"I wouldn't risk the cabin door twice," said the hostess with Sky, "but we've got that one." She nods at the emergency exit. "All we need to do is grab hold of her and throw her out."