xvi. the corridors of caliburn part two

HIDE PART TWO

HIDE PART TWO

edited as of april 6th, 2020

The first place the Doctor decided to bring them was the Earth as it was still cooling. While he stands outside in his environment suit, taking a photograph where the Caliburn House will eventually stand, Charlotte sat down in one of the console room's seats- fighting the urge to have some shut-eye.

As she did, Clara went up to the open doors... trying to have a peek of the fiery landscape. Glimpsing over at Clara, the brunette paid minimal attention to her.

"Back off!" The Doctor warns, walking past Clara as she held up her hands. "Hot suit, hot, hot."

Charlotte rose from the seat and stood on the Doctor's other side as Clara asked him, "When are we?"

Through the suit's mask, he had to shout to be heard. "About six billion years ago. It's a Tuesday, I think."

---

The next stop they made was to when a bright, tropical jungle filled with life had power over the Caliburn land. A gigantic firefly flew past the group and swooped back into the jungle of green leaves. Once the Doctor took the photograph, they returned to the TARDIS and began their trip to the next destination.

---

In another era, they went to the house in the victorian era. A lady in a complex dress and a man in a top hat walked up the steps at the front of the home. From a distance, the Doctor takes photographs with a vintage camera. Spinning around, he faced Charlotte and Clara with a smile.

---

At last, they made their final stop to a devastated Earth- the Doctor was just about to step out wearing the same environment suit as before. Looking behind him, Charlotte craned her neck to see a desert for as far as her eyes could see. Beside her, Clara did the same.

They've just seen a whole timeline of Earth. To both Charlotte and Clara, who've both only traveled with the Doctor a few weeks, they thought it was so surreal... seeing their home in this state. No words could explain how they felt as they looked out to the deserted plains.

"Back in a mo," said the Doctor, with the mask on again. "Are you both alright?" He asked once noticing their forlorn mood.

Clara looked back at him. "Totally. Peachy keen."

"Yeah, yeah..." Charlotte added, giving a smile to the ground as she sat at the edge of her seat.

"Okay then," he began about to leave when he added, "Well, don't press any buttons or pull any levers or make any funny faces." He hesitated to leave again. "Actually, don't move. Stand... or sit, completely still. Don't breathe. Well, you can breathe, but shallow breaths." Then, at last, he went outside to take the photo.