48| Business Party

Started writing on 8th January 2021.
Completed on 12th January 2021.
Word count : 3860 words
_________________________

– A Y A A N –

Just when Dhruv told that he's married, mumma fell unconscious. Dhruv being a doctor checked her until she gained her consciousness back.

Whom did Dhruv marry?

Was any girl ready to marry him?

Him?

Well, I'm happy for him but don't know why it's weird!

I walked towards Divya who was with mumma all the time, "Divya, who is Dhruv's wife?"

"Shh... You'll know it. Let mumma wake up first." She said and I nodded. It had been almost ten minutes since mumma was asleep.

"Her blood pressure fluctuated. It would be alright-" Dhruv said but Divya interpreted him in between.

"Really? And why do you think this happened? It wouldn't have happened if you told us everything beforehand."

"Do you think it's this easy? They're my parents too. Should have I called them and told that I'm married? Ofcourse not. I wanted to discuss this matter with them, face to face."

"Okay! Just don't fight over these things. Your mother is not well and what you think about is quarrelling?" Dad said shutting everyone.

Just when mumma woke up, everyone went towards her. "Mumma, you're alright? You don't feel dizziness right?"

"I'm alright. I just want to discuss few things with Dhruv." Mumma said.

"Even I want to know." Dad said while sitting beside her.

I want to know this too.

Dhruv nodded and opened his mouth, "When I went to States for some work, I signed the marriage certificate."

"With whom?" Mumma asked. Dhruv looked towards my direction and smiled.

Wait a minute!

I'm already married!

And I'm not interested in men.

"Natasha."

"Really?" Mumma exclaimed. "I mean, why didn't you inform me?"

"We thought that-"

"We won't approve?" She asked and he nodded. "Why do you think like that? When my daughter wanted to marry by her own choice we never disagreed. Then why would we disagree our son? How could you even think like that?"

"I'm sorry mumma, I just didn't want to tell you everything over phone."

"There's nothing to be sorry about. You brought a daughter home. Now I have two daughters." She smiled and Divya hugged her tightly. "My other daughter?" Mumma asked and Natasha too went towards her to hug.

Pity me!

Here they're group hugging.