6| Before The D-Day

Started writing on 19th May 2020.
Completed on 23rd May 2020.
Word count : 2496 words
_______________________________

– D I V Y A –

As soon as I entered my room, my body unconsciously jumped over the bed. I'm a sleepy person and sleeping is my hobby, I tell everyone.

Everything seemed so unreal. I was going to marry the person whom I can't tolerate, the one who irritated me the most. And now, I was staying at my parent's place, because they wanted me to live with them before getting wedded.

When I came back mumma jumped over me in euphoria, and started asking me every detail that happened till now.

"I heard, you and Ayaan were classmates, really?" Mumma started her hobby, that is gossiping. "And, I also heard that you both are good friends!" She sighed, "No I mean best friends." She smirked.

"Mumma, first of all tell me who is giving you such information?" I asked her.

"I have my sources." She exclaimed.

"So, I've to tell you that your sources are giving you half information." I said with a thin-lipped smile. "And yes, it's correct that we were classmates. But it's totally wrong when you say that we were best friends. We weren't even friends." I sighed.

"Okay, okay, what you say is right. Till yesterday, I was extremely worried for you. You were single till now and didn't even like someone." She said in a serious tone this time.

I guess it's getting too emotional here!

I need to leave.

"You remember your long-distanced cousin Kavya? She's three years younger than you and married her long time boyfriend a month ago. I was so..... I mean my niece was getting engaged and my daughter was still single. You know these thoughts, they are always present in a mother's mind." Her eyes were teary and her voice broke as she spoke further.

Mom and her insecurities!

"I'm so happy you're finally going to marry someon. And not someone but Ayaan Chauhan. He's a great man and he belongs to a good background. I'm really proud of your choice. I'm really happy for my daughter. Now I can live in peace." She sighed happily with tears of happiness in her eyes.

I don't remember when my body gave in to sleep, and I fell into a deep slumber.

As the bright sunlight hit my eyelids through the curtains, I woke up from my peace. From the amount of light I could easily feel that it was already 10pm and I was too late to wake up.

It was actually a relief that I was on leave. If it goes like this, I could get up late in the morning and sleep early. Such a good life it is!

After dressing up I came down feeling different motions in my stomach. Whenever I wake up, might it be as early as five in morning or twelve in noon, I'm always hungry. So in short, my appetite depends on my sleep.

As I descended the stairs, I saw my parents, Egg's parents and a priest sitting together. It was obvious that they were really impatient about this marriage thing. I walked towards them and greeted them good morning.

"Good morning, mumma... dad... sir.... ma'am. I'm hungry. So, I'll get going." I said and turned back to go.

"Wait!" Ayaan's mom shouted and I turned back questioningly. "Don't call me ma'am. Call me mom, okay?" I nodded and went towards the kitchen.