41| Stay away

Started writing on 10th December 2020.
Completed on 14th December 2020.
Word count : 4160 words
____________________________

– D I V Y A –

Reaching the room where dadi was admitted, we saw mom and dad already present outside the room.

"Mom, when did it happen?" Ayaan asked.

"Even I don't know how it happened. She was so happy all the time." Mom cried and I made her sit on the chair. "I don't want her to face this."

"Mom. Nothing will happen to her. Dadi is strong."

"Divya, you know I never liked her. I thought that she's just same as other mother in laws. But I don't want her to leave us. I want to hear her scolding me. I don't want this to happen."

"Mom, stay strong. Dadi is so strong, she could even kick death out of her life. Please don't cry."

"But Divya, I was never a good daughter in law. Even if I ask her to stay with us, she won't listen to me."

"She would mom, she would. Dadi won't go anywhere. Just relax and pray for her. She would return to us. Heart attack isn't a big thing for her." I said and she nodded.

"Dad, who's operating dadi?" Ayaan asked.

"Dhruv."

Thank God it's Dhruv!

His success rates are high. Hope nothing bad happens to dadi!

"When was dadi admitted?"

"An hour ago."

"And why didn't you care to inform me?"

"Everything was in a rush. How do you think we could inform you?" Dad said. After some time mumma and dad also came there.

Many hours went until the red light of the OT went off. "She's alright. We handled everything on time. She's still unconscious. But, her condition is critical. Just don't give any sudden shock to her." Dhruv said.

"Will she be fine?" Dad asked and Dhruv nodded.

"It's hospital and I would prefer only few people to stay here. If there's anything important, we'll call you." Dhruv said.

"I'll stay here. Rest of you can go back." Dad said.

"No dad, Ayaan and I will stay. You all can go back. It's late and you would be tired."

"Hmm... She's right. We'll stay here. You all can go back and rest."

"Okay, we're going then. If anything happens, call me." Dad said and we nodded.

Mumma came to me and hugged me tightly, "Nothing bad will happen Divya. Be strong." I nodded and she kissed my forehead. "We'll go back. If there's anything, don't hesitate to call me." I nodded and they went home.

We went inside the room in which dadi was shifted and saw her sleeping. "Divya."

"Hmm..."

"It's all my fault." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"It's all because of me. If I didn't stop her from this marriage, then her condition would have been better by now." He said. I made him sat on the couch while I stood in front of him.