♡25♡

It's Wednesday afternoon, and I'm sitting in my last class for the day. The teacher is droning on about different studies that have been carried out on people and animals to see if they can be conditioned, but I've heard it all before. Blah, blah, blah, turns out we can.

While I sit back and relax for once, Ben is scrupulously writing down notes about the works of Pavlov and his dogs. I love how animated he gets when he's in the zone as his tongue sticks out of the corner of his mouth, and his hair flops forward, casting a shadow over his eyes.

"Having fun, buddy." I laugh.

He realizes that I've caught him pulling his funny face again. "I can't believe you're not into this; it's fascinating."

"Repetitive more like," I whisper back.

"Well, you'll be sorry when the teacher makes us do an essay on this, and you don't have any notes," he quips.

I bite my fingers in mock fear. "Oh no, whatever shall I do?"

"Ha, you're lucky you have me who is willing to share my work."

I grin. "Yes, you are one amazing guy."

Just then, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I secretly pull it out and sneak a peek at the text Tanner just sent me.

Tanner: This is dull.

What's dull? Either he sent the text to the wrong person, or he somehow thinks I'm psychic and can decode his words.

Me: What do you mean?

Tanner: This class, it's dull.

Me: Well, you're the one who chose to study business.

I only have to wait a few seconds for my phone to buzz again.

Tanner: I'm not in my business class. I'm in yours.

What. The. Fuck.

I spin around in my seat and instantly spy Tanner sitting three rows back from me. His blue eyes are fixed on me, and he gives a wink. I begin to mouth to him, but he places his finger in the air and does a circling motion, telling me to turn back around. I do as he says, but I swipe my phone and frantically type out a text.

Me: What the hell are you doing here?

Tanner: Rescuing you.

I roll my eyes. Is he expecting me to ditch my class?

Me: Sorry. Looks like you're going to have to wait another hour.

I can't skip class, even if it is this boring.

I think I've won the battle until I feel his warm breaths on the back of my neck. I instantly freeze on the spot, knowing that Tanner is a mere few inches away. He's close enough that I can smell the aftershave on him, and it smells heavenly.

"Come on, Leah. Don't you want to go exploring with me?"

His whispered words tickle my ear, causing me to blush.

I turn in my seat to look at him and grin. "No."

The stunned look on his face tells me he wasn't expecting a rejection, which makes me beam from ear to ear to have stumped him. I flick my hair, hitting him in the face, and turn back to the teacher and pretend to listen to her as I attempt to block out the thought of Tanner sitting behind me. Ben gives me a questioning look next to me, and I shrug my shoulders, amused by his confusion of Tanner being here.