Chapter seven-The Swordsman of the Mist

Kushina opened her eyes, the light of the morning sun falling on her face. She moved to stretch her arms and rose in a sitting position. 'Huh?' She was over the blankets on her bed. Kushina didn't remember going there to sleep, she was still in her everyday clothes. "Good morning. I was just coming to wake you up, but you beat me to it." "Minato" "Come, breakfast is ready." She got of the bed and went to the kitchen not wasting a moment. "These look delicious Minato." She sat on the chair and begun to eat as Minato sat opposite her. "I just came home an hour ago. Rough night. Say Kushina, why were you sleeping over the linens like you had collapsed from the tiredness on the bed? You hadn't even changed in pajamas." "Or even in just your underwear." He added with a loud whisper. Kushina stopped chewing. She gave a cold annoyed look at her husband. "Minato, I will punch you, and it will hurt a lot. You wouldn't want people to ask why part of your face is purple." Minato chuckled frightened.

"You still haven't answered my question." He re-brought the topic. "I don't know, I don't remember going to sleep last night." "Why?" "I was waiting for" she skipped some seconds with silence " for Naruto, he tried to sneak in late last night, at one am I think. I don't recall when I came to the bedroom." "Really??" Minato asked with a surprised look on his face and definitely with surprise in his voice. "He did, didn't he?" Minato asked then. "I just said that. When I caught him, he said he was lost on thoughts about how to defeat his new sensei and just kept walking till he realised it was late." Minato put his cutlery on the plate, leaning back on the chair.. "What is it Minato?" She looked concerned. "Well" he said "the words will spread quickly through the village soon." "What words?" Minato looked at her. "The Scroll of Sealing got stolen during the night."

"WHAT?" she shouted slapping the poor table with both hands. "Lower your voice Kushina people do not know yet. And let me finish first." "ok" "Yes the Scroll was stolen but we got it back shortly after undamaged, and the intruder was eliminated." "Who were they?" she asked. "Him" Minato corrected. "One person managed to steal the scroll!" it was shocking. "Yes, apparently. It was one of the chunin teachers in the academy, Mizuki. His identity wont be made public however." "Really? That guy?" "I know it is hard to believe, I myself thought there must be something else but what evidences we found point to him. Danzo-san even confirmed he may have been connected to mister Orochimaru. He apparently had his agents investigating due to a rumor recently."

"Still, it would have been a bit hard even for Orochimaru to enter there." Minato entered a thinking state. "Yes, we confirmed that the chakra barriers had been up all the time, so the intruder must have had complete absolute chakra control to suppress it, somethin even I can't do. What are the chances that Mizuki could." "Maybe Orochimaru had send someone to help him." Kushina suggested. "Maybe, but there are seals in that place, which I decided to put in good use after this by the way, that even mister Orochimaru does not know of. Some of them were placed by Uzumaki I believe. Only some places in this village alone have info about them, this house being one." "Minato" Kushina revolted.

"Could it have been him?" "What? Who?" She was confused. "I have seen him hang around Sandaime-sama one or two times." "Minato you are over thinking." "He has been reading the books in here since he learned how to read." "Those books are difficult to understand even for experienced adults and he would have to have a memory like an elephant." "Kushina, it was Sarutobi-sama that graduated him, the teachers hadn't even noticed how good he was, and probably wouldn't have." "Ok, but he has big chakra reserves, unusually big, even for people of my clan at that age and older. It is really, really difficult to control that much don't forget that that he even has part of it sealed. He just being there disrupts the chakra of the container, without even trying to. I should know. Now my chakra flow is better than ever. It is impossible for him to be undetected." That somehow seemed to change Minato's mind. "Yeah, you are right. I was over thinking. He could never do that." She kept going. "And he would need other skills I doubt he has."