Chapter fifteen - But We Just Returned

"Normal speech"

"Mentally speaking to the beast"

'Thinking'

"Beast talking"

"Beast talking in mindscape"

'Beast thinking'

*May contain gramatical errors*

"Are you sure you won't stay for a bit longer? We could use your capable hands and legs." The bridge builder gave a cheeky smile. "We really have to go." Yamato put his hands up. "It's been two weeks and I'm sure Hokage-sama has many questions." "Well I must bid you a safe trip then. Are you sure you won't stay?" He glanced at a certain blonde boy who on his side had some faint dark circles around his eyes. "What?" Naruto asked. "Maybe it's from chakra exhaustion." Yamato also looked at Naruto. "It's known I have big chakra reserves for my age-" "Bigger than a Jonin I may add." The team sensei interrupted. "-And we haven't been sitting either." "I hope we see you around. Tell the Hokage for any mission around here to send you." "We will Tazuna-san."

Yamato and Naruto started the long walk back home. "Look at them Inari." Tazuna threw his eyes on the shinobi's backs. "They could have turned back, but they didn't. Neither did they ask for more, did their job and that. Those are true ninja."
"At least they stayed for the ceremony. What did you name it again." "The great..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If we run at max speed we should be in Konoha within two days." "Yes sensei, you have explanations to say." "Wha-" Yamato's words got silenced by a strong wind that blew in front of the duo as they walked. Naruto raised his arms up to shield from it as he turned the head to see the old man and the young boy wave at him. For a split of second, the sky turned white as Naruto saw a third person waving behind the two. He was tall, with a muscular body. His skin was tanned and the black hair was short and spiky. The man smiled widely as he put his hands in a praying pose and bowed to him.

The second ended and the man faded away, the broad smile not leaving his face.

"What is it Naruto?" His sensei asked. "You look like you have seen a ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hokage-sama." It was late in the evening when the Copy Ninja entered the circul office alone and put a small orange book in his pouch. Behind the desk, as usual, was his previous sensei, the now Yondaime Hokage. "Hokage-sama." "I was waiting for you Kakashi. I hope it wasn't that book that delayed your arrival." The masked ninja scratched his cheek with a chuckle. "What can I say? Jiraiya-San is a very talented man."

Minato cleared his throat. "Now. As you know Kakashi eleven days ago a council meeting was held." The scarecrow cleared his mind of any previous thing and gave the blonde man all his attention. If he was here to hear what was said in a council meeting, Kakashi knew his schedule would be occupied in the near foreseeable future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you think?" Yamato asked as they stood in front of what seemed to be a big castle like building, the architecture of witch seemed of a different region. "It is night." Naruto replied. "We are in need of a rest after all the running we've done." "Yeah, we have traveled plenty in just one day. Keeping like this we'll be home tomorrow."

They pushed a big wooden door, inside there was no form of life whatsoever. Just a big, empty, and dusty hall. In the middle of it, making its way up, was an once fancy staircase, decolored and worn out from the years. "It seems to be really abandoned." Naruto made to enter but Yamato stopped him. "Sensei?" "First I should warn you Naruto. I just remembered where we are?" Naruto nodded. "The Land of Necks." "Yes, The Land of Necks. In this part of the country people have mysteriously disappeared leaving no sign behind. From now on have your attention up to the smallest movement.