Chapter fourteen-Towards the Sunrise

One year since the first chapter. I'm actually proud of myself

"Normal speech"

"Mentally speaking to the beast"

'Thinking'

"Beast talking"

"Beast talking in mindscape"

'Beast thinking'

May (definitely) contain errors. I'll edit them later

Yamato was left speechless. Witnessing what was being unfolded right in front of him, he could only watch and listen. Despite having meet only two other times, his student, and their opponent were completely in the same attitude about each other. For some reason he couldn't explain, the two of them, their mindsets, were in sync.

Out of nowhere streams of air picked up making their hair blow in the wind. Most noticeably Haku's. "Naruto." He said warily. "Don't even say anything sensei-" He cracked his neck, not breaking eye contact with the ice style user. "-I will not lose."

Not waiting for an answer Naruto started running relatively fast as his opponent didn't move an inch. Upon getting in less than one meter from Haku Naruto performed a roundhouse kick from the right. Putting the left forearm up, Haku blocked his leg even with the running momentum it had. They now weren't even two feet apart. With his left fist Naruto aimed a punch straight at Haku's pale face. Shifting the head to his left, dodging the attack, Haku then threw his own left fist to Naruto's abdomen.

Rushing his right hand down, Naruto caught Haku's wrist halting it in midway. With his left elbow already above Haku's shoulder from the previous attack, Naruto tried a vertical hit on Haku's right clavicle. Right on the moment of making contact Haku turned the body sideways, however, a small scrape happened. Nowhere close to actual harm.

With his leg still on air and the rest of his body lowered, Naruto now had turned almost horizontally. Taking the advantage of him being open to attacks, Haku pulled his left wrist from Naruto's grasp and kicked up with his right, like he was hitting a ball, aiming for Naruto's lung. To block Naruto folded his arm in a V shape. After contact was made with a noticeable thud, the strength put in the kick made Naruto get launched upwards. Before getting too far, Naruto grabbed Haku's ankle and pulled it to his direction, which made the teen go in a backwards falling motion.

Before his back could make contact with the concrete, Zabuza's apprentice put his right hand on the floor and used his arm like a spring, to push his self closer to Naruto. Upon getting in a small distance Haku extended his other fist quickly, in hope of landing a blow.

With the same movement, Naruto collided his forearm with Haku's, canceling his opponents attack. Still holding on his ankle, Naruto spun Haku around his self throwing him on the opposite direction from his Sensei.

'Amazing.' Yamato thought in awe as distance increased between the combatants. Both their speeds in displacement like running and jumping, and also the reaction time were feats on their own. "It also seemed like they didn't use any chakra." It was sheer skill. They had thrown several attacks and done some dodging in the time it would take a kunai to fall from triple his height on the ground.

"Are you sure you're a genin Naruto-san?" "Well Haku-san, we're ninjas, aren't we?" "Some capable ones really." Yamato raised his voice to be heard clear. "Your sensei seems to acknowledge an enemy's strength." Naruto pulled two kunais out holding them in reverse grip. Haku took three senbons out on each hand, holding them between his fingers in a claw resemblance. 'They are both really good at taijutsu, meaning whatever hits they can score on the other will be the ones deliberately not dodged or weak blows landed from a random moment of distraction.