Chapter sixteen - To fear or not to fear

"Normal speech"

"Mentally speaking to the beast"

'Thinking'

"Beast talking"

"Beast talking in mindscape"

'Beast thinking'

*May contain gramatical errors*

Naruto is owned by Masashi Kishimoto

Usually ninjas live with their family or a roommate to split the fee, but for Naruto that wasn't the case. He lived alone in a small apartament, in one of the complexes Yondaime Hokage had given order to build for ninjas that wanted to concentrate on work or that didn't have any other place, like most of the senseis and plenty of chunin.

"Seeing how good you are, he wants to manipulate you. Keep your friends close and enemies closer. Now he wants to keep you in his sight to see what can do." "Gee, Nine-Tails... I wonder whose fault that is for not warning me?" Naruto rhetorically spit the words as he was opening his apartment door. "It is that little brain of yours for not realizing it was a trap." "You could have Warned me." "I'm your tenant not you brain." "Pay, Rent, Then." "Start, training, then. ... It was good that you turned him down. People only interrupt your work." "He didn't seem convinced at the end. I mean why would he pick me? Surely not only because he wants to keep an eye on? There must be another reason."

Naruto lied down on his bed, after having dropped the bag on a chair. "Maybe it has to do with what your sensei told you." "That secret thing the Hokage was going to announce later?" "I have an idea what it might be." "What is that?" "A competition with ninja from all around." "A ninja competition? ... You MeaN!!-"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We should be careful Yamato, you know very well why you are in charge of him. Learning the Rasengan this quickly further indicates that the beast is Powerless." With the last word the jonin flashbacked to when he went to Naruto on top of Tazuna's house. His eyes.... 'But he then held a pair of rasengan for hours. He couldn't have done that with the beast interruption. But if the Nine-Tails.." "Yamato." The Hokage stopped the sensei's thought process. "I can tell what you are thinking." "What if, for some reason, the Beast is purposefully not getting in Naruto's way?" The jonin spoke out his thoughts.

"I have thought about that. It could be that Kyuubi is trying to avoid our attention and let him look normal. Every Tailed Beast feeds their jinchuriki chakra to weaken the seal but also to tempt their human into using it more. The better the seal, the harder it is for Bijus to give chakra, thus the longer it takes to weaken the seal. Lady Mito's seal that was shifted with the Kyuubi onto Kushina was so efficient, that they didn't have many problems in chakra control." The blonde man explained calmly like someone who knew his stuff.

In our case, for some reason The Reaper Death seal has 'openings'." 'That he still doesn't explain why.' Minato thought. "Openings?" Yamato questioned, it was morning and they had run a considerably long way during night. His companion had the mind elsewhere to notice. "That is what happens when you use a jutsu you don't know well to me. Huh." Minato leaned back on the seat. "When I looked more into it later after sealing the Kyuubi I noticed the seal had some attributes. It should allow chakra to move from Kyuubi to Naruto despite what either wants, without their consent to rephrase it differently.

As long as Kyuubi doesn't waste big quantities of it's chakra to weaken the seal or Naruto requesting chakra the formula doesn't get weaker." Yamato squinted his eyes. "If I may ask?" Yamato interrupted. "The Death Reaper Sealing Technique is a kinjutsu, where did you learn it sir?"