22

y/n pov

My body ached, but that fuzzy memory felt too real for my liking, giving me the energy to keep running. It was dark outside, and there were no one on the streets. Even the buildings looked vacant. I have to find someone to help me! "Kitten!!" The girl's voice called out from a distance, and echoed slightly.

My lungs were burning, I was panting desperately for air. I need water!! I don't think I can run anymore!! But where do I hide?? She's going to catch me! I need to hide-

Slowing down to a trot, I glanced around in the dark immediately seeing a shadow fly across the sky, jumping on top of the buildings. Hoping it wasn't the girl and instead someone who can help me, I ran towards the building the shadow was sitting on and hid in a sewer drain.

I can hear the running footsteps that were chasing me get louder. I crouched down, staring at the hole and wished they won't find me. I saw the girls legs for a split second, as she ran past the sewer drain I was in, giggling to herself.

Hearing her footsteps get farther and farther, I hear her call out for me, but abruptly stops and grunts in pain. "Kitten! Where are yo- GAHH!" I can hear the sound of her body slam against the pavement.

"Let me go!"

"Where is she??" A loud deep voice demanded, shouting in the night. Suddenly I can hear loud footsteps from several people run towards that direction. What... There's people here?? Are they looking for someone? Should I tell them that she was chasing me and to take her to jail??

I shivered in the cold smelly sewer, debating what I should do. Okay, she goes to jail.. Then what?? You're stuck out here all by yourself and that man who supposedly is your bestfriend, will probably kill you too! But he said he was my friend! But why do I remember him being so scary and mean!?

I can't shift back into a human in this small drain.. I need to get out there. But what if all those people making a commotion out there are mean and scary too!? What do I do?? What do I do??

"Where is Y/n!?" Another voice demanded, as a pair of legs stood in front of the sewer drain I was in. I shivered, and stared at the black boots with orange straps in front of me. Suddenly my nose picked up a scent, beyond the moldy odor I was sitting in.

I sniffed frantically, my head began to throb as I tried to figure out why it smelled so familiar. "Bakugou, I'll check that down this street. She couldn't be far. You go that way!"

"Tch! Don't tell me what to do, dammit!"

My body shivered, as I let out a mewl in pain, my mind exploding with images of a mini movie. It seemed familiar, and mine. Was it my life?

*flashback*

"That's right, Miki! Then you connect the lines together here, and that's the letter 'A' in capital form" The frog girl smiled, petting my ears proudly.

Enjoying the feeling, I was still annoyed because I wrote the same letter about a million times! Trying my best to keep my purrs from erupting in my throat, I pushed her hand down to the desk on the paper. "I wanna do my name!" I cried desperately, pleading the frog girl to show me something different to draw with the paper.

"Gimme!" I cried, trying to yank the scarf off the tall man's neck. "Hey! That's not how you do things, You ask politely 'May I please see your scarf?'" The man bent down and frowned at me, making me feel ashamed of my actions.

"I'm sorry.. Can I see that?"

The man tilted his head and raised his eyebrow. "What's the magic word?" "Please!!!" He smiled, his sharp teeth tinkling as he handed me the warm scarf to play with. "Being polite and a good person is manly, Miki!" He beamed, guiding me inside a warm building.