Chapter 23: The Ultimate Finishing Move

A few weeks after the meeting with the third capture target, Luc, he informed me about the third person that knew about the Telium stones.

Luckily, using his power as the heir to the tower of magic, he was able to keep everything about the matter hushed up. He didn't tell me of course, since that would reveal his position. He was just very vague about it, and I'm sure I would've been concerned had I not known about his title already.

Anyway, hurray for power abuse.

Honestly, I would love to find out more about this person myself, as I highly suspect that they're someone who's reincarnated too. No matter how I've changed the game so far, it's only little changes and there's no way someone could figure out the method of refining Telium stones that fast unless they're a genius or someone like me.

However, I don't have much information on the person since everything has been hushed up. I could've asked Luc to tell me, but I have a feeling that I would be in debt to him afterward, and that's something I honestly don't want to be in.

Sighing, as I finished the last of the homework Orpheus had given me, I pull a book from the pile so I can study up on our next lesson. Despite being only seven, I feel like I'm already back in college...

I miss the days when I only had to do simple algebra... Why does a world set in ancient times even have calculus?! Screw Orpheus for making huge steps in the field of academics! This is bullshit!

Not only do I have to work my ass off just doing schoolwork, but I also have so many other things I have to do. Not to mention, why have I met so many capture targets! The Prince and Mika make sense since they're close to Violet, but Luc only appears a third of the way in the game! At this point, am I just gonna see the tsundere demon lord appear on my doorsteps with an "idiot, it's not like I like you," expression?!

Wait... let's not jinx it...

Demon Lord, please make your appearance on time, not a second early.

Honestly, the demon lord might not even appear in this life since he only appears after you complete all the other routes. That's why he's a hidden capture target. He really shouldn't appear then, unless this world decides to pull a bullshit move.

...

I honestly wouldn't put it past them, so I should probably also think about what to do in that scenario then...

I let out a deep and long sigh in frustration at the new developments.

Looking outside the window from my desk filled with books and papers, the frustration continues to build up in me as I feel like my head is going to burst.

The days ahead will indeed be... difficult.

...

I look outside the window as the scenery outside changes constantly with a swift movement. I hear the wheels of the carriage creak lightly and the light wind blow by, making a quiet whistling sound. The sun shined brightly but it wasn't too warm.

It was exactly the type of day one would love to relax in, especially after being through several stressful situations.

...

Well too bad that I'm still going to be stressed! I would've rather stayed at home in bed reading!

Hahhh...

I guess it isn't all that bad...

I'm currently in a carriage with the Duchess and Violet, with the former across both me and Violet. We were all dressed fancier than normal if I had to describe it. Violet looked cuter than usual and had a dark purple dress laced with black and maroon bows and frills that matched her hair and eyes. It wasn't too extra with the decorations, so it didn't look tacky and it suited her nicely. The Duchess also looked more elegant and beautiful than usual. She wore a light mint dress that I could only describe as super flowy and stuff(what do you expect? How am I supposed to explain what dresses look like well.)