Chapter 11: Reaffirmation

Thinking about my next course of action, I suddenly sensed Violet waking up, so I decided to retract my magic.

As my consciousness stabilized into my body, my eyebrows slightly knitted as I realized the severity of the situation, if what I suspect is correct. There's still nothing substantial I can use to help the Duchess, and if my suspicions are correct, I NEED to find something fast or the Duchess may be falsely accused.

I continued to think deeply while muttering to myself, putting a hand over my mouth as I rested my head on it.

Violet had also woken up, and she sat across from me. I don't know what she's thinking, but as long as she's out of the way, I don't really mind that she's staring at me. However, just as I was thinking that, she suddenly spoke up and broke the silence that surrounded the room.

"What are you thinking about?"

She stared at me with curiosity in her eyes. I was kind of taken aback, but at least that means that she seems to have stopped treating me like I'm a dreg of society, hooray for progress. Anyway, I'm not really sure what to tell her, but I decided to just be open with her about the situation. I want to see if she can think critically about a situation, and there's no harm in it.

"Currently, I'm trying to think up of some type of evidence that'll relinquish the Duchess of being suspected. I have an idea of who it is, but I need more time to set everything up."

As I explained, I was looking to see if Violet was paying attention and comprehending what I was talking about. After what I told her, she became silent as she also became deep in thought. After some time, she looked up like she had thought of something.

"If there's no evidence that can be found right now... what if we made some up?"

I don't know why, but an idea suddenly was brought up in my head.

Heheh...

Violet, only a villainess to-be, like you, could think of something like that. Who cares if this is a morally grey way of doing things? We're not some type of hero, we're just a villainess and her brother! What's wrong with choosing the more mischievous way out of this situation?

I looked up at Violet, who was anticipating what I was going to say about her suggestion. If I didn't have such a dead face, I would be smiling and giving her a thumbs up right now, maybe she still has a chance to become smarter and reform! I don't need to raise her or be a saint or anything, just into a decent human being with a modicum of common sense!

"It seems that we have a plan now."

Her eyes lit up as I affirmed her suggestion, though she quickly fixed her childish demeanor, almost like she was trying to imitate an adult.

Although I would love to continue laughing in my head about how childish she can be, we have more important matters at hand, and I need to tell Violet the plan, and teach her some things, before Kairos finishes the investigation.

...

As I expected, we were let out of our room, so we snuck to where the main characters of today's play were at.

A group stood near the main hall of the house once again, with Kairos, the Duchess, the Countess, and the maid at the center. The Countess was looking at the maid with scorn, believing that she falsely accused the Duchess. The Duchess was nervous and fidgety as she tried to hide her worried expression. The maid was looking at the ground but she would occasionally sneak a glance at Kairos, who has a stoic and serious expression like always.

After settling everyone down, Kairos then cleared his throat as he began to speak.

"I have gathered everyone after conducting an investigation on the crime that took place today in this very room. I spoke with the witnesses and looked at all of the evidence, and what I found shocked even me."