Chapter 2: Filial Piety

Usually in an isekai situation, doesn't the guy usually reincarnate into another world with a cute elf or a cute beastman maid who supports him despite being known as trash from the rest of his family. He decides to venture out once he reveals his cheat ability he's been hiding for years and meets more girls along his way while beating bad guys and basically build a harem?!(holy shit, why do I know so much about this. It's kind of sad...)

I finally got reincarnated into another world, with a handsome(though dead) face to boot! WHY THE HELL DID I GET REINCARNATED INTO AN OTOME GAME WORLD?!! Isn't this usually only for girl isekai situations?! Doesn't she usually get reincarnated as the side character or the villainess, and end up either beating the two-faced "heroine" or befriending the pure "heroine" and then ending up with some cookie cutter male lead with some type of emotional baggage?!(wait. Why do I know so much about this too...)

This is a total scam! Where's my cool world with adventure guilds and fighting cool looking monsters?! Where's my harem filled with cute elf girls?! Where's my cheat ability! This is so unfair! I thought something good finally appeared on my lap, when in reality, it was just a lion cub ready to eat me when it grew up!

Shit! Why did I waste so much time doing menial work at the orphanage! I should've gotten ready to leave as soon as I heard where we live in! Curse my PTSD for blocking out the memories of this shitty game! Why is my body even going against me! (What am I even blaming now...)

Let's just take a deep breath and calm down.

Luckily my face muscles are virtually dead, so nobody saw my panic or any embarrassing outbursts...

Let's think straight first.

What world am I in?

"Rose's Court of Fortune"

An Otome game my sister played nonstop before I died in my past life. The game is set in a kingdom called Adalphine, one of the most prosperous nations in the world of Gaeus.

Despite what I was saying earlier, this world technically does have cool looking monsters and an adventure guild. There're 4 races I think, the human, elves, beastman, and the demons. There might be some more but they didn't play too big a part in the original game. The humans and the demons are constantly at war over land territories. The beastman are integrated into the human nations and the elves are in the forest on another continent. It's the usual mumbo jumbo political stuff you see in these worlds.

They also have magic in this world, which I was pretty excited about. There are 6 elements: fire, water, wind, earth, light, and dark. The first four are what's common amongst people that use magic. Light magic is more rare and it's said to be a blessing by god to be able to use it. Dark magic however, isn't even magic you can be born with. Dark magic is forbidden by many and it's said that to use it, a person has to sacrifice 10 people to be able to use it. You basically have to sell your soul to the devil.

Although there are 6 elements, noble families have been known to have their own personal family magic that may or may not correlate to the 6 elements.

If a person has enough magic power, they can control every element, except light magic, which you can only use if you were born with the ability to use it. It depends on magic output and control. Some people have large mana pools but minimal control, so they may never be able to fully realize their potential, while others has a small mana pool with god-like control. It's like a water dispenser in essence, now that I think about it(I would say sorry to the developers for saying their magic system is like a water dispenser, but fuck them. They don't know what I had to go through to be able to remember all of this by heart.)