ocho

After both football and volleyball practice, the friend group went to the beach.  It was 4pm on a Tuesday, but since it's Los Angeles, the beach was packed.  JJ and the guys were tossing around a football, messing around in the water, and the single ones were even flirting with a bunch of girls that approached them.  Mariposa was laying on a towel with JJ's shirt over her eyes and listen to music coming from her phone in her bag.  Olivia didn't want to come to the beach, so Mariposa was just minding her business and tanning. 

Their little football game came to a halt when JJ said he was going to go check the milkshake line, so they kind of just stood around.  "What's the story with her?"  Spencer asked since he hasn't really gotten to know her yet.  And because compared to all the other football girlfriends, she definitely stuck out in terms of appearance.  For one, she always had her natural hair out, and you could tell that she worked out.  The other football girlfriends and groupies were pretty skinny, not that it was a bad thing, but Mariposa had very noticeable curves, especially while in a bikini.

"You mean her and JJ?"  Asher asked a little defensively since he was still convinced that Spencer was trying to take Layla from him.  Spencer just nodded, cause he would take anything he could get.  "There's not much.  She's childhood best friends with Liv, so she's been around us and the team for a long time.  He asked her out the summer before sophomore year because he kept talking about her during summer practice, so we kind of forced him to so he would shut up.  Like he ran away in the middle of practice, went to the gym to ask her out while she was in the middle of volleyball practice, and then ran back to tell us."

"And they have this weird thing with milkshakes for some reason.  Like they get milkshakes from this one specific diner at least three times a week, but they drink milkshakes every day."  Jordan explained.  A couple seconds later, JJ walked up to Mariposa's towel with two milkshakes in hand.  "They're like the only couple in school that hasn't had any big fights.  Kinda weird, especially for a high school relationship, but they're happy."

Mariposa had felt the shadow JJ had casted over her and lifted the T-shirt off of her face.  At the sight of the 2 cups, she sat up while he sat down beside her on the beach towel she had brought.  "Yeah, I don't think he's coming back."

"