veintiuno

liked by spence

liked by spence.james and 1,130 more
mariposazavala cant do a cartwheel but my puthay can😼
view 122 comments
liv.bakery i can comfirm, 10/10 experience✔️😼
jjparker47 no I can confirm
jordan1baker no I am confirming
jjparker47 bro shut up it's not funny when u say it
liv.bakery   that's what ive been telling him for 16 years 🙄
zavala.reina   gets her sling off and doesn't know how to act im telling papá 🥱
mariposazavala   i'll tell them u have a bf
jjparker47   she has a what???
jordan1baker   notice how they haven't responded for 10 minutes
asher83adams   notice how jj's snapmap says he's driving
liv.bakery   rip my wife and in-law 🤧

× × ×

The week leading up to the homecoming game and dance were very hectic, but filled with spirit. The school was really excited for the game because lately the team has been on a winning streak, but the football players felt like they were under a lot of pressure.  Student council also felt like they were under pressure, trying to get everything together and organized for two of the biggest days in high school, but no one really paid attention to them.

JJ, as much as he loved to show off his girlfriend, I asked her to homecoming in her backyard. He was teaching Casimiro how to play the guitar again, and in the middle of that he ended up serenading her.  He also gave her pizza, a bouquet of flowers, and a butterfly ring, so clearly she had to say yes.  It wasn't like she was dating him or anything.

The guys were all at the café, but only the three Beverly guys were hanging out while Spencer was on a shift. Mariposa was at the Baker house in Olivia's bedroom gossiping with her since she didn't have any more volleyball practice and she didn't want to sit in the bleachers again.

"Wait, she kissed Spencer? While dating Asher? Because I swear he just told the group chat that he was officially taking her to homecoming. Like he asked her out and everything."

Mariposa looked at Olivia in bewilderment, the two girls whispering with music playing because they didn't want Jordan to come back early and be able to hear their conversation. "Yeah, there was an event in Crenshaw yesterday, for the neighborhood and this girl that Layla's dad had signed was performing, so I went to help out. When I came back, I was going to talk to Spencer since he was working last night. I saw them through the window."

"She knew you liked him and was giving you advice on how to get with him. Why are you not more upset?" Olivia glanced up from fiddling with the tag on her pillow, looking at Mariposa with a knowing look. "Liv, it's not the same. You almost died after it happened, and you weren't in the right mindset. I'm not justifying it, because it was wrong, but you weren't exactly using your brain. No offense."