diecinueve

A week after the football game with Culver city, the week after JJ did his Muy Fuego Wing Challenge, he and Mariposa were on a beach date in Malibu with milkshakes from their usual diner

A week after the football game with Culver city, the week after JJ did his Muy Fuego Wing Challenge, he and Mariposa were on a beach date in Malibu with milkshakes from their usual diner. because it's been three weeks since the accident, Mariposa was able to move her arm a little bit. Her doctor had told her that it was okay to take her arm out of the brace every once in a while just to move her arm around and get the muscle used to movement again. While her and JJ were sitting on a blanket in the sand, she had her arm sling beside her and was going go use her left arm, the side that had a broken collarbone, to pick up food unless it became too much.  Only at that point would she put the sling back on.

"Where do you even get all this food?"

"I got all the fruit from my fridge, and your mom helped me make everything else. I'm not a good cook."  JJ explained.  "Here's your milkshake." JJ stuck the straw in and carefully handed it over to make sure he didn't hurt her still recovering collarbone.  JJ started to unpack the little picnic basket he had pulled out from the back of his jeep, and he sat everything down in a way that you would see on Pinterest if you looked up "beach picnic."  There was even a sunset, so the entire scene as a whole just looked beautiful. JJ even brought a little speaker, so the two were in their own little world despite the beach being a little packed.

Their friends found it weird, but whenever they went on food related dates, like a picnic or dinner, they usually sat in silence while they ate

Their friends found it weird, but whenever they went on food related dates, like a picnic or dinner, they usually sat in silence while they ate.  However, to them, it was a completely comfortable silence. Right now, they were both looking at the sunset and watching the ocean with music from the speaker playing softly in the background.  He had made a specific playlist just for that date, so when Malibu by Miley Cyrus started playing, Mariposa couldn't help but giggle at the irony.

"Why are you laughing?  What'd you do?"

"Nothing, it's just where in Malibu, like the song. We're on the beach, like the song.  And we're in love, like the song."  Mariposa smiled, and either it was contagious or he had the same reaction to the song, but JJ started smiling as well.

For a second, they went back to watching the waves crashing with the sunset in the background, but then JJ put down his milkshake, stood up, and held a hand out to Mariposa. "Come on."

"Where we going?"

"Nowhere, we're going to dance right here."

With her head tilted up to look at him, Mariposa scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion. "JJ, I can barely walk. I don't think I can dance yet either."

"I'm not gonna let you fall."

The amount of trust that Mariposa had for her year long boyfriend was very high, so she took his hand and he held her stand up. She had to balance on her one good leg, so JJ held onto her hip, instead of her waist, to make sure she wouldn't fall. At all times while she was standing up, she had one hand on her hip and another holding her hand. A couple of times, he even spun her around, which he somehow made easy. Just about 20 feet away from the water, the two were dancing in front of their picnic blanket without a care in the world.

"So should we come back and ask them later?" Olivia asked her friends.

They all saw that JJ and Mariposa were at the beach, and decided to invite themselves, thinking they were having a beach day, not a beach date. They all stood in the sand staring at the couple laughing and dancing around to music, and felt like they should not disturb him. Layla was the only one that kind of had an answer, so she said,"Depending on how long they've been here, they're not gonna be done for another 3 hours. We can just go hang out over there."

"3 hours? Their dates usually go that long?" Spencer asked.

"They usually eat and then get dessert, or go somewhere then get dessert, but they like to take their time on their dates."

× × ×

A week after their date in Malibu, Mariposa was getting better at moving her arm around, so she was able to do some things that she usually did, but slowly. JJ was over at her house, surprise, and he brought over his guitar because Casimiro wanted to learn.  They were sitting in the closed off area with the TV and couches by the pool while Mariposa was sitting on the couch watching a telenovela with Reina.  "All she has to do is run her over one time."  Reina mumbled.

"Then the whole plot line of the season would be cut off."

"True."  Reina shook her head and slouched back while stuffing her face with hot cheeto puffs, Mariposa right beside her stealing from her bag.

Fabiola was in the office area doing paper work for her clients and Eladio was in the same room at the computer. Basically everyone was spread out around the house in pairs doing something different. The girls were starting a new episode and running out of snacks, so Reina made Mariposa pause the show while she ran to the kitchen.  Around the time that she came back with bowls and bags of snacks, JJ and Casimiro ran back into the house.  JJ was still holding his guitar, but he walked over to the couch to kiss Mariposa before going back to stand beside Casimiro.  The two of them standing in front of the TV made Reina tell them to move, but Casimiro told her to be quiet. 

"We're giving a performance.  You wouldn't understand." Casimiro told her before tapping JJ's leg and whispering to him. He then ran away to go get his parents, and made them sit on the couch along with Mariposa and Reina.

Everyone got prepared, but since this was only the first time JJ showed Casimiro's how to play the guitar, they weren't really expecting much. However, JJ was the one playing, so they didn't really know what to expect. He started playing a familiar tune that the two teenage girls immediately recognized and got excited. Casimiro was the one singing, but when he said he was giving a performance, he meant he was giving a performance. "What color is the sky? Ay mi amor, ay amor."

the next episode is supposed to be hoco, but I don't want my good sis sitting in a wheelchair during it, so am writing filler chapters of little moments over a few weeks. I think I might do one more after this one with another time jump then the episode timeline 😼

the way I've never even kissed anyone and I'm out here writing stories like this😹💀

mari @ jj 🥱

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️