diez

After the banquet night altercation, there was still tension between Asher, Jordan and Spencer, more than there usually was

After the banquet night altercation, there was still tension between Asher, Jordan and Spencer, more than there usually was. JJ wasn't really affected by it because he tended to stay out of the team drama, so he and Mariposa spent their day at school as usual, but instead of sitting with the guys and Layla at lunch, they had sushi, since it was Friday, with Olivia. The three of them even had on their matching friendship bracelets. He probably wouldn't admit it out loud, but hanging out with Mariposa and Olivia was a little more fun and refreshing than hanging out with Jordan and Asher because somehow they'd end up yelling.

Once she had finished volleyball practice, Mariposa had washed up and went to the football game against Hawthorne with her family, JJ's parents and the Baker girls.  Mariposa and Olivia had their pompoms, as usual, and cheered with everyone else in the bleachers. The beginning of the game was good, but about halfway into the first half, Hawthorne started catching. The girls couldn't really tell what was going on on the field, but at the end of the first half, Hawthorne was leading by 3 points, the score being 10-7.

During halftime, as they were getting more snacks with Mariposa's siblings, Mariposa explained that because Asher was injured, Spencer was playing two different positions, as explained by JJ before the game. Mariposa's theory was that playing offense and defense on only his second game at Beverly was too exhausting for Spencer, but Olivia didn't know what to think. On one hand, Mariposa's assumption made complete sense because after playing his usual position, Spencer was always worn out and it's possible that playing two just wasn't the smartest move. On the other hand, Olivia thought it could be something else effecting his performance. However, it's also possible that Spencer was tired in addition to something else affecting his performance.

Before halftime finished, the girls, Reina and Casimiro walked back to the bleachers with chips, Ramen noodles, nachos, and a bag of tiny blueberry muffins. The crowd was a mix of high hopes and convinced that Beverly was going to lose since they were already behind. The people with high hopes were mainly depending on Spencer and the fact that they were doing better this season. The people convinced Beverly was losing were focusing on how last season, almost every game was a lost.

The score was 20-24, Hawthorne in the lead, and there was 4 seconds left when Mariposa and Olivia saw Spencer jog over to coach.  They had a short conversation, and then Butler, who's pretty much been benched all season, ran onto the field.  "Not Butterfingers Butler.  I can't look."  Mariposa turned to Olivia and hid her face in her shoulder. 

"Hey, maybe he'll score the last touchdown we need."  Olivia spoke optimistically.

"I believe in the team, but not Butler."  Mariposa said into her shoulder.  Olivia just squeezed her arm as Jordan called the play and threw the ball.  Mariposa didn't see it, but judging from the fact that the people around her weren't screaming over their victory, she assumed Butler didn't secure the necessary touchdown.

"So does that mean no sleepover with JJ?"

Mariposa shrugged and they both started following the crowd leaving the bleachers. Despite the loss, people still made their way to the field with the players and hung out for a little bit. Unlike last time, Mariposa wasn't running full speed at JJ, but the two still met halfway and JJ still lifted her up to wrap her legs around him. "So much for this being our year." JJ mumbled into her neck, ignoring the fact that their families were walking over.

"Hey, don't talk like that. This is only your second game and you have all season to make it to playoffs."  Mariposa had pulled back to hold his face in her hands and look into his eyes just so he knew she wasn't saying it to be a good girlfriend.  "I believe in you, alright?"

"Yeah, me too."  Casimiro commented, coming over to grab onto JJ's helmet.  Mariposa had already gotten off of JJ when she saw how close everyone got and chose to stand beside him while his arm stayed around her waist.

"Yeah, you guys will win next week."  Reina added.  "See, I just manifested it.  Now, can we get milkshakes with you guys?  You left without us last time."

Casimiro glanced up at the three, taking his attention away from JJ's helmet.  "Yeah, what's up with that?"  He asked.  "Can we ride in your jeep?"

sorry baes this is kinda short pero i have a lot of stuff due sunday so i couldn't update 3 times🙄😡 i found a playlist spotify made called "perrear and llorar", i just wanna know how they knew 🤨

anyways lemme put yall on music bc im running out of memes :/ this where i got eladio's name from :)

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️