Chapter Fourteen: A Weak Apology

Third's Person POV

One particular Dark Fey stood out from the rest.

Having the darkest wings and the palest of complexions...Maleficnet was truly a sight to behold.

Not only as the Phoenix but as a "Queen" and even a "Leader" to the Dark Fey.

She was given such high respect from her kind...such generosity...and from one individual, in particular...she was given love.

The one who's been by Maleficent's side for more days than she could count.

Her Raven. Her pretty bird. Her Diaval.

Her world.

And she was to have no one...absolutely no one else.

And no one was going to steal such a jewel away from her.

No one was to steal what was left of her heart, neither could they take away her last hope in life...because if anyone so much as breathed a word against her Raven...

They wouldn't see to live another day.

And as she thought those thoughts, as she peered into the eyes of her dear Love.

She could not help but be happy.

Tears formed in the rims of her eyes, spilling like rain.

She immediately tried to wipe them away but her Raven had stopped her as he took ahold of her arms.

He stayed gentle with her as he began to hold her, as if he wished to never let go.

"It's alright to cry. You don't always have to put up a wall with me."

Her dark wings lessened and relaxed beside her as she slowly gave in.

And she didn't say a word.

She wasn't afraid but rather...she was speechless.

She was moved in such a way that even she could not form the exact words to express the immense feeling inside her very heart.

But before they could have another word between each other, their moment was cut short by an abrupt sound that came right outside their nest.

Diaval decided he'd see what the commotion was.

But just in case, Maleficent had gone with him with her hand enlaced in his.

She wished for not even a moment of parting with him.

He meant too much to her.

And when they laid eyes on the source that had abruptly seized their moment together...it was Borra.

"Come to apologize?" Maleficent spoke.

She did not wish to leave room for any kindness toward him.

After what he had attempted to pull against her Raven was unforgivable.

She was never going to be kind to him.

And as she pulled back with Diaval at her side, Diaval stopped her.

He gave her such a warm look, she couldn't help but listen to him.

"It's alright Mistress. He won't hurt me, I assure you."

She knew he was right. If anything, Borra would be the one close to death if he tried anything, not Diaval.

Not again and not ever.

So for a brief moment, Maleficent let Diaval's hand go as he approached Borra kindly.