Chapter Eleven: Soft Feathers

Diaval's POV

You know that feeling.

That particular and very precise feeling of not being able to hold your composure any longer?

Well that was what I was feeling, and I couldn't just stand where I was any longer.

My Mistress was being bothered and I wanted to help, I had to help.

Because if I didn't...I would feel even worse than I was now as I stood idle.

When I did intervene between Borra and Maleficent, I couldn't believe how superiorly strong and fast Borra was.

He attacked me the moment I laid my hand on his wrist.

It was as if he was waiting for me to do the smallest thing so he'd have a reason to assault me.

To beat me and humiliate me in front of all his Fey-kind.

I knew the moment he caught eye contact with me...he had such a look in his eyes that said it all.

I had already lost.

I tried my best to defend myself and fight back but to no avail...he had beaten me like I was some newborn pup.

I had no chance against him. It was predator against prey.

I had no possible way of landing even a single blow on him.

And all became dark as I started to wheeze.

It was difficult to breath, my chest felt so caged, locked, and compressed.

I had fully understood what he implied through every punch as if speaking to me.

He hated me and wanted my Mistress for himself.

I despised him.

He will not have her.

——

The way he communicated his feelings was bothering and compared to him I was the complete opposite.

I would have preferred to have risked my life for the one I loved, not come close to killing another just to show who's boss.

Even if I did despise Borra for how crude he was...that does not mean I was going to worlds end to kill him, just so I could prove my point of affection for my Mistress.

Unlike him, I did not try and show stupid male dominance like he was now.

Just to be a showoff...and unfortunately for him, it wasn't enough.

Not even close.

Not for Maleficent.

I knew her all to well, even if I was still learning and discovering new secrets about her I had never known before.

I know it was a male thing too...but I absolutely was not a beast like him, I was a raven. A raven who took pride in what my heart longed for and what I had.

And even with all these jumbled up thoughts and feelings inside me...One thought ran through my head as clear as a bullet, one thought I couldn't run away from.

...

If I'm losing and Borra doesn't stop until I'm dead...I won't be with my Mistress any longer.

I wouldn't be able to ever experience the soft feel of her hair in my hand.

I would never be able to see those rare moments of her warm smile again.

I no longer would be able to comfort her whenever I'd notice her smallest change of mood.