Chapter Two: Wounded, Let Down

The Dark Fey flew as fast as she could, as far as she could.

Naturally, she's shot down without a clue to what the plan of that Queen's really was.

She knew right away what this burning sensation was.

Agonizing and excruciating as it was, the iron had pierced her flesh fairly deep.

So much so, she felt her energy deplete in the matter of moments.

Her dark form plummeting into the depths of the sea, unseen, unheard, gone with no one to look for her.

No one had a clue she was being targeted. It was too subtle for all except her. Maleficent hated Queen Ingrith but not yet enough to kill her, to end her life...not yet.

All around her was cold and dark...but she wasn't afraid...

She did not wake up until awhile later, to find herself in an unknown territory with pain piercing her side.

Although bandaged and bullet-less now...she could still feel where the bullet had penetrated through, it brought her no happiness.

Only grief.

But she moved forth, wanting to know where she was brought...and by who.

Her hair framed her face, it felt odd to have her hair loose from the snake skin that, for so long, had hid her hair.

She had nearly forgotten how soft and beautiful it was to her. But that was the least of her thoughts to pay attention to.

Experiencing great levels of pain, she still moved on, standing on her two feet.

The pain will fade soon, she knew this, but her heart was a different matter.

She knew the pain too well and pushed her thoughts aside, aside from anymore deeper analysis on what had just gone on with her companions.

But the Dark Fey could not rid herself of the hate that festered in her heart toward the Queen.

A flash of memory wiped through her mind.

Maleficent's fleeting moments, escaping from that wretched woman who called herself Queen, only ruling her subjects with fear.

She hated the fey, every thing about her said so. And all for greed just like Stefan.

She wanted Maleficent's land as much as the very lives of both her and the fairies.

Maleficent took steps and stumbled soon after.

As always, her wings were there to support her just in time, saving her from a close fall.

Wings that were her own, wrapped around her pale and fragile body.

Her wings shielded her from the uncomfortable thought of her current state of apparel, which indeed was almost all bandages due to her severe wound.

As she ventured through a white burrow-like structure, all she thought, concerning it, was of its similarity to a fowl's nest.

The tunnel led down after a short while as echoed voices were heard through Maleficent's ears.

For the first time, alone, she felt hesitant. But not enough to overpower her curiosity in knowing who those voices belonged to.

A few more steps and she appeared at the edge of a tunnel leading straight down.

She went down, stumbling, even hitting the sides a few times before finally landing.

She knew one thing...she felt more vulnerable to herself the more she was here.

She was unsure about the feeling lingering near, worried it would touch too close to home for her.