Heroes and Villains

Chapter 5 - Heroes and Villians

Published: 2/1/2021

"Harry?" Weasley said, again as Potter froze. "What's wron... Malfoy? What's he doing here?"

"I umm... invited him over... for a drink?" Harry offered.

Draco was surprised that Harry lied to Weasley to keep his secret, but he wasn't going to say anything. Gus was directly beneath him, alert at the tense atmosphere. Shadow had wandered to Weasley and then back to Harry. They were used to him.

Weasley tilted his head and looked between them. "Harry... we never let you do undercover for a reason. You suck at lying. Guess Justin wasn't lying... but I never thought you'd take advantage of a victim, Harry."

Draco's eyes widened at Weasley's accusation. Was he suggesting that Harry brought him to his home for sex?

"I didn't," Harry gasped.

Weasley raised an eyebrow.

"I just... he was upset and I...."

"Harry... I can tell when you lie," Weasley snorted.

"He invited me home because I don't have anywhere to go, Weasley," Draco murmured, stepping in, not that Harry's attempts.

Ron looked at him and back to Harry. "Really?"

"Harry's just picked me up from work," Draco explained as Harry looked down.

"Work? You work?"

"Yeah. I don't have a wand. I have to make money to live, Weasley."

"Sorry... I just... didn't expect. Harry?"

"I didn't want to tell, cause it wasn't my story to tell," Harry mumbled.

"Harry's been nice enough to offer me a place to stay been a perfect host and a gentleman, despite an embarrassing argument with Finch-Fletchley."

"Harry, eh? You guys don't have to lie to me," Weasley said, with a laugh.

Draco smirked at his assumption, but Weasley wasn't upset like he expected. "What? It doesn't bug you?"

Ron laughed. "After walking in on Harry straddling my brother... yeah... nothing can shock me."

Draco turned to look at Harry after that announcement, but Harry was examining the cracks in the wall, red-faced. "So, did you come over for a reason?"

"Yeah... Justin showed up at my house crying. I would say no more sleeping with people I know, but I guess that'd be pointless," he scoffed and then eyed him up and down. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow when, hopefully, you can talk, again, Harry."

Harry glared at him, but Ron laughed and stepped into the floo.

Draco's mouth was open in surprise. Was that the first civil conversation I ever had with Weasley? "Did Weasley grow up or something since the last time I've seen him?"

Harry gave him a look, too, and nodded. "After the war... he had some bad stuff to get through. Fred died in front of us. Hermione got pregnant... but she lost... her during a bad arrest. It was rough for him. Them."

"I would've thought he'd hate me more."

"Maybe... but during that raid, Theodore Nott... he stopped his dad from killing her and helped her escape. He died in the process. It shook both of them. Hermione said that the war had broken Theo. He told her something like he was already dead and he might as well make it true. She switched careers after that."