Trust

Trust

The man threw Draco into the brick wall and pinned him forcefully against it. Draco tightened as rough hands lowered down his body, gripping him painfully.

"No..." he tried to say, but his voice was gone.

He was starting to panic when suddenly something small and wet licked his nose. Draco's eyes snapped awake, and the krup was right in front of his face. He licked his nose, again, and whined.

"Thanks..." Draco whispered, glad to have been pulled out, before his dream what further than reality. He petted him. "Are you Gus or Shadow?"

The krup rolled on his belly for scratches, again.

"Well, I can see why Potter loves you," he drawled and then swore.

He had no idea what time it was. He still had to walk to work. He felt rested, for once, but his muscles were sore from the attack. He got up and the krup followed him into the loo. They did like attention. Draco saw that his work shirt and pants were in a pile on the counter, and he opted for a quick shower before putting them on. He treated his hair and left Potter's clothes there.

He needed to be going. He had to be at work soon, if the light was any indication of the time. He packed his bag and went to leave the room, when Kreacher met him on the other side.

"Master Draco! Kreacher made lunch!" he announced.

"Oh... thanks. I guess I'm hungry," Draco said, and followed the elf to the kitchen, tailed by Potter's krup, and Kreacher presented him with three sandwiches. "Three?"

"Kreacher wasn't sure what sir liked. There's a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, and this is an egg and cheese sandwich and this one is a cucumber sandwich!"

Draco smiled. Cucumber sandwiches were a more formal offering. He said thanks and took the BLT.

"Kreacher will make more if master wants!"

"That won't be necessary. Do you have a bag? Can I take these?" he asked. They should stay fine until tomorrow.

"Yes! Of course!" Kreacher conjured a paper bag with his elf magic.

"Thanks... thank you, Kreacher. For the food and the room," he said.

"Kreacher loves helping master."

"Still. I have to go out, but I appreciate the help."

"Where is master going?"

"To work... will you tell Pot-Harry?"

"Kreacher will tell him, now!"

"No! Just when he comes home, okay?"

"If that is what master wants!"

Draco sighed. "Tell him thanks... too."

Kreacher gave him a look... like the hope was draining from him. "Master is leaving?"

"This isn't my house, Kreacher, and I've intruded too long. But it was nice to meet you."

Kreacher sniffled and disappeared. Draco packed up the extra sandwiches and noted that Potter's krup was watching him and wagging his tail. Draco pulled a piece of bacon from the rest of his sandwich and held it out for him.

"Thanks for keeping me company."

After the krup ate it, the other one came in, as though it knew his brother got a treat. Draco smiled and gave him a piece, too, and then walked down the hall to the door, the pups following him. He glimpsed back into Potter's home, and the feeling of homesickness was already settling in. No, it was past time. He didn't belong here. He didn't have a home. He said goodbye to the two krups and walked out the door.