Shelter

Shelter

Draco landed on his feet, surprisingly, but Potter had to hold him up. It had been too long since he had Apparated. They were on a street that he didn't recognize immediately, but knew that they were near central London. There was a park behind them and a row of townhouses in front of them. Draco felt uneasy as Potter hadn't taken him immediately into his home.

"Sorry, the wards are strong. I can get in and out with some effort, but I didn't want to try to bring you through it, too. Plus, the krups hate when I do that."

Draco gave him a look and nodded. He had no idea what to say.

"Alright. My address is twelve-and-a-half Grimmauld place," Potter said.

"Why are you telling me that?" Draco mused. "And twelve-and-a-half?"

Suddenly, another townhouse appeared between number eleven and thirteen. Draco's jaw dropped. Potter chuckled, watching him.

"A Fidelius Charm?" Potter has a Fidelius Charm and gave him the address?

"Yeah, I had to change the address to put a new one on it. I just wanted to sleep without Yaxley's buddies showing up in the middle of the night, cause he brought them in at one point."

Draco just stared at him. He was about to go into a house that literally no one could enter. He'd be trapped.

"Come on. I'll cook you breakfast," Potter said, strangely enthusiastic. "The krups will probably stay by me, so don't worry about them. But Kreacher is going to be ecstatic. He loves your mum." Potter walked through the front door and was immediately greeted by two krups, as promised.

"Who?" Draco asked, and found himself following him, regardless of the danger.

"My house elf? He used to work for the Black family. Hey guys... be nice to my guest, okay?" Potter told the small wizard dogs. The krups, one brown and white and one white with black spots, couldn't get enough hugs from Potter. The brownish one bared its fangs at him, but didn't do anything else. The black and white one tilted its head, interested, but came no closer. Draco noted that Potter hadn't bothered to dock their forked tails, as required by law.

But Draco thought about what Potter had said, and his forehead furrowed. Used to work for the Black family? He knew that his mum was a Black, but his grandmother's house elf died, unless he meant his mother's aunt, but why did Potter have Great Aunt Walburga's house elf? He didn't ask.

"Kreacher?" his rescuer called, after the krups got sufficient attention.

A Pop! announced the elderly house elf's arrival. The krups started barking. "Master Harry! You' se out late!"

"Calm down, guys! Don't call me Master Harry, Kreacher, please. This is Draco Malfoy. He'll be staying here for a while."

Draco was surprised at that declaration. He assumed it was for the night... or day rather. The sun was due to rise anytime now. He was about to say something when the house elf, bowed low to him.

"Master Malfoy! Tis an honor to meet you, Sir! Kreacher loved Miss Cissy so much!"

Draco froze at being addressed like this and looked to Potter, who smirked. "Told ya. Don't harass him, Kreacher."

"Mast-Harry, where Master Draco is going to sleep?"

"Next to mine should be fine, I guess."

"Kreacher will make it perfect!" he announced and disappeared with another loud Crack! The dogs started barking, again.