Chapter 16 - Jellyfish

10 more days have passed, and today we're celebrating the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies. Mayor Lewis told me a lot about this festival, and all the townsfolk I talked to the past couple days have nothing else to think about except today. Even Shane seemed really excited.

I wonder what will happen? I've heard that we gather around at the docks at night to watch sparkling bright Jellyfish swim towards us and surround us. Penny said it looks like the ocean is filled with a bunch of stars and moons, dancing around to greet us. Personally, I'm somewhat afraid of Jellyfish. I almost got stung by one when I was only 5 and it scarred me for life. As long as I don't accidentally fall into the water, I should be fine, though.

I pick out a nice outfit and untie the braids that I did the day before, so that my hair could be slightly wavy. I put on a little bit of eyeliner and eyeshadow, and dabble a little bit of shiny pink lipstick on my lips so that it blends with my natural lip color. The past few days, Sebastian, Sam and I spent more time together. We played a board game called Solarion Chronicles, and met up at Sam's for band practice. Abigail tried to join one day, but Sebastian asked her to leave.

I genuinely don't know what happened between them. I'm not even sure if Seb knows that Abby shouted at me. I have no idea how much he saw. I'm trying not to worry too much about that, because I really want to spend some nice time with the two boys again today.

Time has passed, it's time for me to head to the beach so that I won't be late. Everyone else has already gathered. Sam told me that we'd meet up at the very end of the first docks, so that's where I go. I can see them both in the distance and have to smile. I run over and tap Sam on the shoulder. He turns around "Hi! I'm here!", I say enthusiastically and Sam grins "Sami! You look sooo cute today! Like extremely cute!" , he says and admires my makeup, Sebastian doesn't react as much, but he does seem to have a grin on his face.

We all sit down. Sebastian lets his feet dangle right above the surface of the sea. Sam seems to be quite talkative. He keeps rambling on and on about the songs he's been practicing lately, or about his brother Vincent, he even mentions his dad once, who's been away for military services for a couple months now. Suddenly he stops and heads back towards the beach. I watch him and see Penny standing there and smile. I hope they'll stay together today. They deserve to end up in a relationship. They're cute together.

After a while of only listening to Sam, I glance over at Seb and notice him sitting slouched over, his hair covering most of his face, all I can see is the corners of his lips tilted upwards in a soft smile. "Hey you two", a female voice speaks out behind us. Both of us turn around and notice the purple haired girl standing there with crossed arms "I'm sure you don't mind if I take a seat here", she states and frees up some space between us. I get nervous. She attacked me just a couple days ago and now she's acting as if nothing happened?

I don't want to be near her today. I want to enjoy this festival but I can't when she's here. I can't tell her to go away, though. I have absolutely no right to do that. Maybe I should just leave and find Shane. But I don't want to. I want to stay with Sebastian today. I was so excited to see him. I don't know what to do. "Leave, please", the dark boy suddenly whispers, and both Abby and I look at him in confusion. "You're disturbing us", he says. I stare at him, trying to figure out who he's talking to. Abigail chuckles "He's right, Sami. You should probably go away."

He wants me to leave? I frown and prepare myself to get up, until Seb raising his voice stops me. "No. I want YOU to leave. Go away, Abby" she looks at him shocked and slightly shakes her head "You don't want that. You've been so excited to see me again and spend the night together", she states and Seb scoffs "I've been dreading to see you again. I want to avoid you, so please make it easy for me, and go somewhere else." He begs. His tone is very serious and slightly angry. Abby stares at him for a couple seconds and then gets up "Okay. But don't even think that I'll let you win", she says before angrily stomping away.