Chapter 28 - Irresistible

Even though I couldn't fulfill Sebastian's wish to stay away from the wizard tower completely, I made sure not to go there by myself. To be honest, I most likely wouldn't have been able to find it, with my lack of coordination skills. Being used to street signs and Google Maps sucks. Because of that, I asked Abigail to come with me. Surprisingly, it didn't take as much convincing as it did last time. Perhaps she finally realized that it's not only my happiness that depends on fixing the community center, but everybody's.

Inside the tower, I try my hardest to explain what happened to the wizard and find out who I should trust. He knows every single person in town. There's no doubt he has some solid suggestions. Of course, I had to tell Abigail about the Junimo's, but she swore to me she wouldn't tell anyone. I may not have the best relationship with her, but I know how stubborn she is. I trust her with this secret.

The wizard has been busy meditating. Abby leans over to me and whispers, "I get such an odd vibe from this guy". I smirk at her "You mean because he's a stranger? Sebastian warned me". She shakes her head at me. "No, it's not that. I feel weirdly comfortable here." At first her feeling of comfort confuses me, but who am I to judge? I also believe his little home seems quite cozy, and I do tend to trust people quickly after even the smallest kind gesture.

I didn't experience kindness back in the city, so now when someone shows me even a little bit of it, I don't want them to stop. I'm refusing to distance myself from them. I think that's quite obvious, considering I've been clinging onto Shane and Sebastian from the very beginning, simply because they didn't ignore me completely. Sam too, of course, but he's been genuinely kind from the very beginning.

"You can trust them", the wizard suddenly states. I look at him in confusion, "who? I haven't even mentioned any names yet..." he opens his eyes and gets up from his meditation pose. "No? But didn't you just think of some?", he says. I glance at Abby in shock. This guy can read my thoughts? "I can, if I focus. But I'm stopping now, your overthinking is giving me migraines", he replies teasingly.

"So I can trust Shane, Sam and Sebastian with my secret?", I ask. He nods his head "There's this girl named Penny, too. And um... your little friend you brought here today."
"Is that it?"

The wizard ponders for a little while,
"Oh, of course. The blue haired one and her sister. Neither of them seem as though they would judge you."
Abigail laughs to herself and rolls her eyes,
"Haley? Non-judgemental? Are you sure you know who you're talking about?"

The wizard twirls his beard with his index finger and scoffs, "You don't seem like an easy person yourself, and yet you can still be trusted with such a deep secret. I suggest you stop judging a book by its cover."
Abby looks at me in disbelief, probably expecting for me to side with her, since Haley and I also aren't friends.

I can't help but agree with the wizard, though. Abigail tried to keep me away from Shane because he seemed dirty, even though she never once tried to talk to him. I'm sure she didn't like me either, at first. And obviously she also doesn't like me, now, but for a whole different reason. I hope at least. I hope she doesn't hate me for my character, because maybe there's still a chance for us to be friends. Or at least acquaintances.

She crosses her arms and glances away from us in annoyance. Finally, I grab my bag and thank Rasmodius for his help. Then, Abby leads us back into town, where we meet up with Emily, Sebastian and Sam inside my cabin. I attempt to let Sam and Emily in on our secret, and surprisingly, they're immediately accepting. Sam, of course, filled with confusion but determined to help. Meanwhile, Emily confesses she's never had any doubts about magical creatures roaming pelican town.

To be fair, I wasn't afraid to tell her. Out of everybody I know, she definitely would've been the last person to think I've lost my mind.
"So you're saying we should split up to look for all the items we need? Or...", Sam wonders.
"We should definitely do the crystal hunt together, though. It can be a fun little camping trip!", Emily intervenes.