Chapter 21 - Date Night

I can't even remember falling asleep. All I know is I have a huge smile on my face, even though I just woke up. Did I have a nice dream? I glance over to notice the left side of my bed is empty. Did he leave to go somewhere already? But it's only 8:30 in the morning. He's not an early bird, usually. I get up and walk into the kitchen. A smile appears on my face when I see what Sebastian has been up to this early.

The table is filled with different baked goods, some lit candles and juice. "Good morning!", someone suddenly says from behind me. I quickly turn around to see Sebastian, who has a large grin on his face. "Did you prepare all this yourself?", I ask and he nods his head proudly. "Of course. I wanted you to have a nice breakfast to start our date today." I chuckle and take a seat.

Sebastian hands me a plate. "You woke up a bit earlier than I expected, but it's okay. Just means we will have more time to do the other things I planned for us today!" "What do you have planned?", I ask him curiously and he wags his finger at me "I'm not telling." I grin and roll my eyes slightly.

Breakfast has never looked this good before. Usually I have just about enough energy in the morning to smear some Nutella on a slice of toast. I wonder how much time he spent to prepare all of this, just for the two of us. I would've never expected Sebastian to be such a thoughtful person, but he is. It makes me happy to know that he's not trying to rush me into making a decision just yet, and that we can enjoy time together anyway and get used to each other more.

"You like fishing, right?", he asks me. I quickly nod my head at him. "Of course! If I wouldn't, we might still be stuck in that little fight we had a while ago." He chuckles softly, then quickly hands me a little notebook with pictures of different fish glued onto each page. I look at him confused. "Are these the ones you want to catch?", I ask him after a closer examination.

He shakes his head at me. "Sam and I used to go fishing with his dad and these are pictures of the ones we caught. It was our little tradition. Unfortunately, his dad had to leave for his military service for a year when Sam and I were both 12, and after that, I guess we all sort of forgot about it...", he explains to me.
"I see. So why don't you wait for Sam to return from his vacation and ask him to continue with you?"

Seb laughs nervously in return "Well, that's the thing. I would, but I've completely forgotten how fishing works. It's been 7 years, after all... I saw you do it, and I think you could be able to teach me. Only if you want to, of course." My eyes widen in surprise and I jump up. "Yes! I'd love to! It's so much fun. Do you wanna go right now?" He gestures me to sit down. "Maybe you wanna eat your breakfast first, Sami?" I glance down at the nicely decorated table, and my plate filled to the brim with croissants and different cookies. He's right, why would I refuse to eat this up? It looks so good.

After eating breakfast and getting ready to head outside, Seb and I make our way down to the beach to lay in the sun for a bit before grabbing our fishing rods and getting to work. The fact that it was important enough for him to tell me about his little tradition and that he'd like to continue with it soon makes it my top priority to teach him and make sure he's as good as he used to be, perhaps even better. I want him to be proud of me, and I want Sam and his dad to be proud of Sebastian, too.

He still remembers a lot of the basics, but needs help finding the right timing. Makes sense, he hasn't practiced for a while so his brain probably just needs to get used to it again. While he's trying his hardest to find a technique that works for him, I'm listing as many interesting facts about the local sea life, and of course all the types of fish that exist out here. Sam and Sebastian's notebook only includes about 1/4 of everything that can be caught here.

It gets calmer after a while. Seb has his technique down and we're sort of just letting our rods float on the surface of the ocean. I glance over at him. He seems quite relaxed, but I can't help but feel as though something is still bothering him. The whole drama with Abigail is out of the way, he doesn't have to live with Demetrius anymore, so what else could he have on his mind? I hesitate before asking any questions, but I can't stop myself. It's important for me to know.