~6~

•Jim's point of view•

The sun is low in the sky even though it's still early in the day.
September weather is normally like that though.
Sunny at first with a draft of cold air and then as the days go by it starts to get colder and colder.
The leaves fall from the trees and no one bothers to rake them from the sidewalks.
Then it rains. For days it'll rain. A light sprinkle that lasts all day or sometimes a huge downpour of rain will fall from the sky.
It'll last hours. The whole day will be gloomy.
Not to mention the fact that the sun starts going down early as well which means not only is the sky grey but when the rain stops, there's no sun left to enjoy.

I look over at Sparrow as I tuck my shoulder length hair behind my ears.

"You know what I've really wanted to do for a while now?" She questions as she smiles slightly.

"Hmm?" I hum as I walk beside her.

She might be short but she's got some pep in her step.

"Seven string guitar," Sparrow grins as she places her hands in her pocket.

"Really?" I question.

"Yeah. They're cool," She shrugs as she looks around her.

I notice that she does that quite often. She'll get comfortable and then she'll start looking around her. She'll get comfortable again and then a couple minutes later she'll look around her.
I don't understand why she's so nervous. The crime rates in our town our so low you never hear about them and it's not like she's walking alone or anything.

"Spot anything unusual?" I ask her.

She looks up at me and then looks down.

"Sorry. Old habit," she mutters, her eyes fixed on her shoes.

"It's fine, I just want to make sure you're okay. If you're uncomfortable with me then we don't have to go over to my house," I tell her. Maybe I'm the problem, maybe I make her nervous.
I feel my heart sink at the thought of that, I don't want to make her uncomfortable.

"What? No! It's not you. It's not," She explains as she shakes her head.

"Don't worry about it. It's not you, you're cool," She nods as she looks into my eyes.

I nod back. That's a relief.

We both fall into an awkward silence as we near my house.

"So, do you play any sports?" She asks with a smirk.

I chuckle at her.

"Nah," I say.

She nods.

"Um.. do you?" I question as we walk into my neighborhood.

"Besides boxing I do dance which should definitely be considered a sport. And then I used to do track," Sparrow explains as she looks up.

"Nice. What kind of dance?" I ask her.

"Lyrical contemporary and hip hop. I used to do ballet and tap dance as well," she grins as skips ahead.

I chuckle at her a she does a little spin and then stops.

"A little hard to do in heels," she laughs as she brushes her hair out of her face.

"I bet. I can barely dance in these," I mention as I look down at my shoes.

She smiles.

"This is my place," I tell her as I lead her up the steps and onto the porch.

She smiles as she looks around taking in the exterior.
The house is a basic white color with a purple door.
There's a swing on the porch and a small coffee table.
The grass is pretty green and the bushes are freshly trimmed.