~7~

•Sparrow's point of view•

I roll over in bed and face the wall. My eyes land on my clock and I groan. It's five a.m. and even though I know I don't have to get up for thirty more minutes I sit up and brush my hair out of my face. I didn't sleep well anyways, I kept waking up with shakes.
My eyes travel around my dark room. The sun hasn't risen yet but even if it did my room would still be pitch black due to the black out curtains I have. I haven't opened the window in a month but I couldn't care less. Sun can be rare this time of year. It normally rains all day.
I throw the sheets off me and step out of my bed and towards my bathroom. I flick the light switch on and squint my eyes as they adjust to the sudden brightness.
Even though the door to my room is closed I still lock the door to my bathroom, just in case.
I stare at my reflection in the mirror and sigh as I see dark circles under my eyes. My curly hair has matted and my skin is oily.
I strip my clothes off and leave them on the towel rack. I don't bother looking at myself in the mirror. I'm not in the mood to pick at my flaws today.
I step into the water and pull the shower curtain closed as I start with my messy hair. I lather it up with shampoo and then wash it out. At least getting up earlier means I have more time to shower and get dressed.
I look down at my legs and bite the inside of my cheek, debating whether I should shave or not.
I shrug and pick up my razor. I shave quickly not caring about the slight sting I've caused near my ankles.

I have a gut feeling that today isn't going to be anything like yesterday. Yesterday was actually really good. I'm surprised I met someone on the first day. I smile as I think back to yesterday afternoon. I had fun playing with Jim. Jim's actually a really cool dude.

I rinse the soap from my body and step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself.
I pat myself dry and smile slightly in the mirror. At least I look clean now.
I leave the bathroom, and head into my walk in closet.
My hands pull open a bin and I pull out a pair of underwear and a bra. I put them on and then walk back into my room so I can check the weather. I grab my phone and hope for sun so that I can wear shorts.
I frown.

Rain.
Rain.
And more rain.

I shake my head. Why does it have to rain so much in this stupid state?
I walk back into my closet and sigh as I grab some fake leather pants, at least I know the leather won't absorb rain like jeans.
I pull them on and zip them up in the front. They look really cool but I know my mom will probably yell at me for wearing them so I grab a jacket and wrap it around my waist.
I pull a black turtle neck on shrug as I look at my outfit.
I look at the floor and decide on a pair of heeled combat boots. They're slightly different from the ones I wore yesterday, they have chains and spikes on them.
I smile as the chains clink together making that satisfying sound that I love. I decide to wear a black baseball cap with white roses. I flip it backward and place it on my head.
I nod as I look at myself. I look pretty cool.
I leave my closet and walk over to my vanity so I can put some cuffed earrings and a necklace on. I nod and decide to put three rings on.
I know my mom is going to say that my outfit is too much but hopefully I can leave the house and catch the bus before she sees me.
I finish off my look with some black eyeliner and call it a day.

I stuff my phone into the pocket of my jacket and grab my school bag.
I race down the stairs and grab a piece of toast.

"Bye Sparrow!" My mom says as she comes down the steps.

I feel my heart sink as I slowly turn around hoping that she won't yell at me for wearing tight leather pants.

"Bye mom," I smile.

My mom studies my outfit and I feel my heartbeat increase.

"What are you wearing?" She asks.

I shrug, "I think it looks cool."