~8~

•Jim's point of view•

I walk through the school doors. Today's finally a day where I have classes with Sparrow but for some reason I feel nervous. Yesterday wasn't  too bad but it was boring and a little lonely. Quite a few people know me but that still doesn't make me feel any less lonely. I walk into the commons and decide to wait for Sparrow, she always seems to wander towards the library even though she's more than welcome to stay with my group.
I stand around awkwardly as I wait for her to come towards the door.
Ten minutes pass, then twenty minutes and then eventually I look up at the clock and only three minutes remain until school starts. I sigh as I run my hand through my shoulder length hair and decide to join the guys outside.

"Jim! Where have you been?" Corey yells as he sees me walk over.

"Have you seen Sparrow?" I ask him as I lean against the wall.

Corey smirks.

"Is she you're girlfriend now?" Sid snickers as he stares up at me.

"What!?! No!" I blush as I look away.

"Nah I haven't seen her today man," Corey chuckles as I try to hide my red face.

I frown. I wonder if she's okay? She hasn't been late so far this year?
The bell rings and Sid grabs my hand.

"My class is near yours so come on," Sid chuckles as he pulls me down the hall.

He releases my hand and I walk beside him towards our classes.

"I wonder where she is," I mutter to Sid.

Sid shrugs, "maybe she's just running late or skipping."

I shake my head.

"She doesn't seem like the kind of girl who would skip school," I tell him.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," Sid chuckles as he points at his outfit. Jeans and a baggy t-shirt.

"We both know you're the type who skips school," I smirk at him.

Sid rolls his eyes.

"So?" Sid questions.

"So, you look like the kind of guy who skips school too," I comment as I grin at him.

Sid shakes his head.

"Whatever man," he grumbles.

I laugh and wave at him as I enter my first class of the day.
I sit in the back and place my stuff down. I look at the desk next to mine and hope that Sparrow will come quickly so she can sit next to me.
Kids begin to fill the room and I frown when the bell rings and she doesn't walk in.
A guy sits down in the seat next to me and I sigh.
I sit back in my chair and watch as the teacher starts class. My eyes continue to wander over to the door as the clock ticks by.
I wait for her to show up, checking the clock constantly. The first ten minutes go by, then twenty minutes, then half an hour and then the class comes to its end.
I frown as I pack up my stuff, maybe Sid was right. Maybe she normally skips classes. There's something that doesn't feel right about that thought though. I still can't image her skipping school. She seems like the girl who gets good grades, and attends all of her classes.

The next class goes by agonizingly slow and I practice leap with joy once it's over.

"So your girl still didn't show up?" Shawn questions as he walks down the hall with me and Chris.