1:SEVEN

▪︎

▪︎

Vienna stared up at the large oak door standing in front of her, several corridors away from the party that was still lively in the main foyer.

She tentatively raised her fist and knocked against the door to signal she had arrived, before gently pushing the heavy door open. As she walked into the room, she noticed it was mostly dark, with several candles lighting up various areas of the room.

"Auntie F?" she called out as she walked in, confused by why she had been called here. The older woman smiled as she revealed herself.

"Welcome Vienna." The girl closed the door behind her before approaching the woman, eyes scanning the room with interest. "Sorry about calling you away from the party. I promise this will be quick."

"You said something about seeing my powers?" Vienna questioned.

"Yes, I wanted to see how much more control you have following our last lesson over summer so I know how to tailor your lessons."

"Why are we here though? Normally we do this in your office."

"Ah I have a reason for that. As a fairy who wields the power of umbrakinesis, you thrive in dark settings, so I thought this room would be perfect. Of course you need to grow comfortable using your powers in lighter settings, but for now I want you to become stronger with your control of your powers."

Vienna nodded as she listened to the woman. "Yeah, that makes sense."

"Why don't you show me what you can do."

Vienna hesitated before moving towards one of the darker corners of the room, and stood with her back to the wall. She closed her eyes as she began to focus on the magic flowing through her veins. After a moment she felt her magic shift, and opened her eyes to find herself beginning to dematerialise into the shadows. She moved back until she fully merged with the darkness and left no trace of her being present in the room. The girl watched as Farah nodded slightly, before materialising again into the room.

"You've mastered Shadow Merging," Farah noted. "Last time you could only do your arms, I'm impressed. Have you tried Shadow Travelling yet?"

Vienna nodded at the woman. "I can do it, but only if there are plenty of shadows. I'm struggling with doing it in direct daylight but I can manage once the sun goes down."

Farah hummed as she noted it down in her small book. "How about your Shadow Manipulation?"

The girl winced slightly. "That.. might still be a problem."

Farah raised her brow slightly. "How so?"

"I can make the shadows move but I'm struggling with making them materialise into a solid state." She raised one hand so her palm faced the wall, her brows knitted in concentration. Slowly, several shadows travelled across the wall like growing tree branches. As soon as they showed any sign of growing into a physical form Vienna let go, a sigh of disappointment escaping her lips.

"It's okay, that's why you're here at Alfea," Farah comforted. "You're already ahead with your control over Shadow Merging and you should be proud of yourself." The woman checked her watch before looking back up to the girl. "That's it for now. I'll see you tomorrow for your first proper lesson. Go and enjoy the rest of the party."

"Thank you, Auntie F," Vienna said with a smile before turning to leave the room.

As she walked back into the main foyer, her eyes fell on a stand off between Terra and Riven. She rolled her eyes as she walked towards them, knowing the boy was most likely stirring up trouble.

"What's going on here then?" she questioned as she casually leaned against the table. Dane looked like he would rather be anywhere else than here.

"Riven here is bullying the first years."

"You can't bully the willing," Riven responded as he tried to steer Dane away by the shoulders.

"Just ignore him," Terra advised the younger boy. "He thinks he's such a badass but you should have seen him last year. He was just a nerd in disguise."

"And she's just three people in disguise," Riven mocked.

"Hey," Vienna exclaimed as she stood up straight. "Watch your mouth before I drop kick you into the sun."

"No, no. I got this," Terra cut off as she glared at the boy. "People always think that they can treat the big girl like shit. Because we're sweet, and we're harmless, and we should be happy that you're even talking to us." Riven chuckled as he listened to her, a sarcastic grin growing on his face. "But sometimes we've had a really, really bad day, and some scrawny little asshole has said the wrong thing at the wrong time and suddenly we're not happy that you're talking to us and we're not sweet."

Vienna stared in shock and pride as Terra continued her little rant, before her eyes fell on the vines that were slowly moving towards Riven. Faster than she could blink, the vines wrapped themselves around his neck tight, causing the boy to struggle as he attempted to claw his way out of the vines that were circling him. His mouth opened as he attempted to speak, but no sound came from the boy as he choked.

"What was that Riven?" Vienna questioned with a smirk as she moved closer to the boy. "I'm sure it's really funny, but none of us can seem to hear it."

After a few more moments the vines released the boy, causing him to barge past Vienna to stand face to face with Terra. "You could have killed me, you freak!" he spat aggressively.

"Missed you too," she responded with a smirk of her own.

Vienna let out a laugh as she wrapped one arm around the earth fairy, watching as Riven stormed off. "That my friend, was epic."

▪︎☆▪︎

Thought it was time to show what kind of powers our baby has

Also wtf I said thank you for 3k yesterday and now I'm thanking you all for 4k 😭😭 you're all amazing.

This isnt edited btw, excuse any mistakes.

A x