1:THIRTY

▪︎

▪︎

"Dad!" Vienna called out as she rushed after her father. The man turned around, a look of relief passing over his features as he spotted her. Vie moved into his open arms to briefly wrap her arms around his torso, before pulling back so she could look up at him.

"What's happening? How can I help?" she questioned as the two continued to move down the hallway, her head turning slightly to observe the chaos around the courtyard.

"I'm gonna be honest, even I have no idea what we're doing," the man admitted as he silently waved various students into position. "The first priority is to seal up the entrances as best we can, but after that," he trailed off with a wince.

"Listen," Vienna spoke as she softly gripped onto her father's elbow, causing him to stop in his tracks. "You need to tell Sky the truth."

Silva sighed and shook his head slightly. "I don't have time to tell him the full-"

"He knows about Aster Dell," the girl revealed as she looked up at him. "Bloom fed him some rubbish first, but I told him exactly what you told me."

The man's face paled slightly as he stared at her. "Does he..?"

Vienna shook her head. "I didn't mention anything about Andreas. He deserves to hear it from you." She watched as he turned his head away from her, and followed his gaze to find Sky assisting the other fairies near the main gates.

"You're right." He sighed softly. "I'll tell him." He placed a hand on Vienna's shoulder as he looked down at her. "Stay safe okay, sweetheart? I know you can take care of yourself, but please stay safe."

She nodded softly at him, a hint of a smile on her face as her mind drifted towards the wound that was starting to throb again. "I will, Dad. I love you." Her small smile grew a little as her father leant down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Now go and help the others." With a mock salute she walked back down the hallway and made her way over to where Sky was.

She approached him as he tried to shove a slab of wood into place further up the door, but even his staggering height didn't allow him to reach the top half.

"Maybe a ladder could help?" she mused as he pulled the wood down with a sigh.

"And where will I find a ladder?" he questioned as he turned towards her, a brow raised slightly. "In case you hadn't noticed, we're sealed in this room."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed," she said with a chuckle as she moved away slightly, allowing one of the fire fairies to weld slabs of metal into the joints of the large doors.

"Actually, I woke up in the middle of a magical stone circle. After getting drugged."

Vienna winced slightly. "Oh yeah. Have you spoken to Bloom since then?"

Sky shook his head slightly. "No. I'm not sure I want to." He paused slightly as he looked down at the wooden plank in his hand. "Why don't I lift you. Then you can reach the higher parts."

"Uhh.." she trailed off nervously.

The blonde boy let out a small chuckle as he noticed her hesitance. "I promise I won't drop you."

"Fine," she agreed after a few moments. "I swear Sky, if you drop me-"

He snorted as he balanced the wood against the wall and crouched down. "I would never."

The fairy ran a hand down her face before climbing onto his broad shoulders, and let out a small shriek as he stood up a little too quickly. She heard him let out a laugh as she felt his hands grip around her legs, and retaliated by slapping him around the head playfully.

She felt her heart drop in her chest as she felt herself falling for a split-second, and realised after a few moments that Sky had pretended to drop her. "Sky, you don't have to worry about the Burned Ones because i'm gonna kill you first. Painfully." She slapped him round the head again, but a bit more aggressive this time.

"Ow, okay, okay!" he exclaimed, reaching forward to grab the plank again. Vie muttered profanities under her breath as she attempted to calm the rapid beating of her heart, but a smile threatened to break out on her face.

The two of them spent the next few minutes working together, and successfully managed to block up the rest of the giant double doors with the fire fairies to assist them.

"Hey, Sky," a voice spoke as Vienna finally stepped back onto the floor, and she turned to find a guilty looking Bloom nervously playing with her fingers. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

Vie watched awkwardly as Sky shifted in his feet, an unsure look on his face.

"Okay," he finally spoke, causing Bloom to let out a sigh of relief. "I'll see you around," he softly spoke to Vienna, who nodded at him in response. She still wanted to punch Bloom, but now was not the time.

▪︎☆▪︎

Sorry about this rushed asf chapter, I really wanted to update today

Sorry about this rushed asf chapter, I really wanted to update today. We got our fave Silva duo and memey skienna so I'm hoping that makes up for it.

Votes and comments are appreciated!!

Hope you're all well :)

A x