1:TEN

▪︎

▪︎

Vienna stood to the side of the greenhouse, nervously biting her nails as she watched Professor Harvey perform several checks on her father. Her eyes were still rimmed red from crying into Addi's arms a few minutes earlier, but she wanted to join her father in the greenhouse to get news about his condition.

Sky stood to her right as he too shifted on his feet, his eyes occasionally flitting towards Vienna in sympathy. "How bad is it?" he questioned Professor Harvey, breaking the tense silence. "Can you help him?"

"Sky," Silva grunted as he sat up. "I'll be fine, just let Professor Harvey do his work."

Vienna couldn't even bring herself to say anything. Her heart was still pounding, and she wanted to scold her father for taking on such a dangerous assignment without telling her. But more than that she just wanted to hug him and never let him go.

"I should have known that you needed more soldiers," Farah stated, shaking her head slightly.

"Guys, can we have the room please?" Silva requested, looking up to meet Vienna's eyes.

"No way-"

"We'll keep you informed," her father promised, to which she sighed.

"Fine," she responded as she looked at him. "But I'll be right outside and you can't do anything about it."

The man gave her a smile, which was quickly replaced by a small wince as Farah pressed down on one of his wounds. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

Vienna made her way out of the greenhouse with Sky following her, and sat down on the closest bench. She pulled up her legs and hugged them close to her chest, her chin resting on her knees as her mind swirled with various emotions and thoughts.

"Vienna Silva huh?" The girl turned towards Sky, who had a small smile on his face. She responded with a small smile of her own, one that didn't quite reach her eyes. "I knew I recognised you."

"Yeah," she spoke softly. "Surprised"

"Yeah, I was definitely surprised. I could have sworn you were a fairy though."

She let out a small laugh at his slightly confused face. "Well. About that." Her eyes glowed purple as she held out her hand, and let the shadows cast by the trees dance against the floor. She looked back at the boy to find his brows raised in surprise.

"And here I thought you had surprised me enough already. A specialist and a fairy, not many people have both titles under their belt. That's pretty cool."

Vienna nodded as she tried to listen to him ramble, but her eyes kept flitting towards the greenhouse in worry, her heart still beating fast as her thoughts raced through her mind.

"Hey," Sky called softly as he placed his hand on her arm. She pulled her eyes away from the glass building to look at the blonde, who had softened his gaze as he continued to look at her. "He'll be okay. If I've learned anything from my time here, it's that Saul Silva is strong, and I know that it must run in the Silva family."

The girl nodded slightly to show he was right, but the tears that were welling up in her eyes betrayed her. Sky wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close as the tears began to fall one by one. "I've got you, it's okay." Slowly, she began to sob for the second time that day, the thought of losing her father hitting her again like a tonne of bricks. She felt one hand grip onto the back of her head as she cried into his shoulder, but she didn't feel the tears that the boy himself was letting out.

"I know it's not the same, but Silva is like a father to me too," Sky mumbled as he rested a chin against her head, his other hand rubbing down her back softly. "I couldn't do anything to save my real father, but I promise I'll do anything to try and save Silva. For the both of us."

All Vienna did was nod as she continued to cry. She was grateful that her father had someone else to look out for him, but she was more so grateful to have someone who completely understood what she was going through.

▪︎☆▪︎

#bonding

#bonding

I love them they're so cute

Also comments are appreciated!! I'd love to know what you guys think

A x