1:TWENTYONE

▪︎

▪︎

The assembly room was packed with students, all waiting for Queen Luna to make her speech. The majority of them were sitting on rows of benches facing the front, whilst many others crowded around the edges of the small room.

Vienna leant against the stone pillar with her arms crossed in front of her, a bored expression on her face as she waited for the queen to begin her speech. If she hadn't known about the attempt to find Callum's murderer, she most definitely would have tried to find a way to get out of the assembly.

"Have I ever told you how much that woman irks me?" Vienna questioned as her father moved to stand next to her.

"Yep. Every time she sends me on a mission with her guards," Silva responded with a slight chuckle, his right shoulder pressed against the pillar as his eyes moved towards Farah on the other side of the room.

The raven-haired girl's gaze moved towards the glowing vial in Farah's hand, the woman's fingers tightly curled around the object as she walked up and down the room.

"Got any leads yet?" she questioned with a low voice, to which the older man shook his head.

"Nothing yet."

Vienna nodded softly, her eyes now sweeping around the room to look for any other familiar faces.

"Sky isn't here."

The girl quickly looked back at her father with a gaped mouth. "What, I wasn't-" Silva raised a brow at her. "Okay yeah fine, I was looking for Sky. Why isn't he here?"

"He's with Bloom." The girl furrowed her brows slightly, but before she could open her mouth, her father beat her to it. "Don't get mad at him. I asked him to stick close to her because Farah is worried."

"Pfft I wasn't mad. Worried about what?" The lively atmosphere suddenly fell silent as a bright purple light burst from the front of the room. Vienna turned her gaze to find Queen Luna standing at a podium with one hand outstretched, a ball of energy hovering above the palm of her hand as it pulsed and sent out waves of coloured light.

"I'll tell you later."

"There we are.." the woman began. "I, uh.. I always had a love hate relationship with assemblies when I was at Alfea. I loved getting out of class. Hated being lectured."

"Is she trying to be relatable," Vienna whispered with a slight scoff, to which her father jokingly elbowed her.

"Shush."