1:SEVENTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

The run back to the academy grounds felt longer than it should have, due to the nervousness flowing through Vienna's veins and the racing of her heart.

She burst into the greenhouse with Sky several steps behind her, being careful not to smash the glass door as she threw it open.

"Well?" she questioned as she panted heavily with hands on her knees, eyeing Professor Harvey who was examining her father's torso.

Silva stood up with a stern expression as he pulled down his shirt, and aggressively pointed a finger towards her and Sky.

"You two... are idiots," he exclaimed as he stormed over to them.

"I know-"

"Stupid, reckless-"

"I know but-"

"Idiots!"

"Yes! We're idiots!" Vienna exclaimed as she attempted to shut her father up. "But is it better?"

"Professor Harvey?" Sky questioned as he turned towards him. The man tried to wipe the growing smile on his face as he stared back at the two students.

"Don't smile at them," Silva complained as a large smile blossomed on Vienna's face. She tightly wrapped both arms around her father's neck, prompting him to wrap his own arms around her in response.

"I'm proud of you," Saul said with a nod of approval as she pulled away from him, and he placed a sweet kiss on top of her head. The man turned towards Sky, who awkwardly stood to the side. "You too."

Vienna watched with a smile as Sky wrapped his own arms around Silva, a sigh of relief escaping from the boy. "Your father would have been proud too," the older man revealed as he patted the blonde on the back affectionately.

"Well," Vienna spoke up with a smile on her face. "That was fun. We should do this again sometime."

"Vienna," Silva spoke up in warning as he raised a brow at her.

The girl chuckled as she raised her arms in surrender. "Just a joke. I don't really wanna see you like that again."

"Yeah, it better be a joke." The man checked his watch before raising his brow at the two students. "I think it's time for you to go to bed. You best believe you're not getting any special treatment tomorrow at training."

"Yes sir," Sky said with a laugh, "See you tomorrow."

"Good night Dad!" Vienna called back as she followed Sky out of the door. "Don't let the bed bugs bite!"

She let out another sigh of relief as the two began to walk towards the Specialist Hall, but Sky stopped her from walking any further.

"How are you feeling?"

"Uh, really really good," she responded with a nod as she stared up at him. "It feels like a large weight has been lifted and I just... I can't explain it." She chewed her lip thoughtfully as he looked down at her with a smile on his lips.

The overwhelming relief and happiness at her dad's recovery faded a little, suddenly replaced by the fast-paced beating of her heart upon realising just how close Sky was standing to her.

The adrenaline left over from killing the Burned one combined itself with the comforting warmth that the blonde provided. What few inches they had left between them were suddenly filled as Vienna lifted herself up on her toes and grabbed Sky's face in her hands, pulling him down as her lips connected with his.

It was a short-lived moment as she quickly pulled away, her cheeks flushing red as she registered the look of shock on Sky's face. Words fell out of her mouth, excuses and explanations tripping over each other as she tried to form a coherent sentence, anything to make the situation less embarrassing.

"I- I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me, I just-"

Vienna let out a small gasp as Sky suddenly yanked her close and captured her lips with his own, cutting her off and bringing an end to her stuttering. One arm wrapped around her waist as the other reached up to cradle her face, his thumb running across her cheek as he held her against him. Vienna placed her hands against his chest to steady herself as the boy moved to deepen the kiss.

After a few more moments Vienna broke away with a little inhale, Sky letting out a breathless laugh as he leant his forehead against hers. "Has anyone ever told you that you talk too much?" he questioned with a slight laugh, causing the girl to shrug at him in response.

"Not really. Probably because everyone knows I'd punch them in the face if they did."

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

"You never should."

"Yes Ben," a loud voice suddenly spoke from behind them, causing the two to instantly jump apart from each other. "I will most definitely see you tomorrow."

Vienna turned around in time to watch her father awkwardly walk out of the greenhouse, accidentally knocking over two plant pots as he did so.

"Oh, you two are still here!" he exclaimed in an over the top tone, causing the raven-haired girl to awkwardly scratch the back of her neck. He had most definitely seen the kiss.

"Haha yeahhh.. Still here yup..." she trailed off with a slight wince. "Yeah I'm gonna go now."

The girl briefly looked up at Sky who widened his eyes at her, before quickly walking off and leaving the blonde with her father. He'll be fine.

▪︎☆▪︎

I love slow burns but I'll let it slide with this book

I love slow burns but I'll let it slide with this book. I just want them togetherrrrr.

Thank you oh great one (celine) for helping me write the kiss scene(idk why you're so good at that though)

A x