t h r e e

Dearest readers,
We are at that time of year yet again where young girls and their daring mamas are rushing about awaiting to be called upon by the Queen who will either make or break their future. I wish luck to all the girls today and will be awaiting the announcement of this year's diamond.
-Lady Whistledown

Alyssa and Daphne were to be escorted by their mother Violet after the Feathrington girls, Alyssa could sense that Daphne was nervous. This meant more to Daphne than it did to Alyssa, Alyssa was entering years after she was meant to and had heard all about marriage and debutanting from her experienced cousins. However Daphne had no clue what she was entering and what she would be up against.

'Sister.. What did we talk about back at home?' Alyssa questioned placing her hands on Daphne's shoulders and squeezing them.

'That I'm beautiful and I should not worry' Daphne gave a small half hearted smile.

'Well then stop overthinking and get ready because it's our turn' Alyssa grinned turning her sister around as the doors opened.

Alyssa had not even the slightest clue as to why Daphne was worried, she watched her sister put on a big smile before gracefully walking down the aisle towards the Queen at the other side of her mother.

'Miss Alyssa Bridgerton and Miss Daphne Bridgerton presented by their mother Viscountess Violet Bridgerton' The small man introduced them to the rather fed up Queen.

Both girls bowed at the Queen while they awaited their judgement. Alyssa was surprised to see the Queen raise up from her throne and walk slowly towards Daphne, she wasn't surprised that Daphne was getting recognition. No she was surprised that her majesty had gotten up at all, Alyssa had watched the rest of the debutantes be introduced and not once had her majesty the Queen risen from her seat.

'Flawless my dear' The Queen stated as she lifted Daphne's bowed head up to have a good look at her.

Alyssa smiled to herself, Daphne had basically just been declared the diamond of the season infront of everyone. The Queen had a last look at Daphne before moving onto Alyssa, of course Alyssa was too happy for her sister and had not realized the movement until her own head was being lifted up.

'Beautiful and Smart' The Queen smiled before placing a kiss on Alyssa's cheek. Alyssa did wonder why she had been called smart. How would she know from just looking at her? But she decided to keep her many questions to herself.

Once the Queen had retreated back to her throne, the girls stood up before exiting the room just as gracefully as they had entered. This gracefulness didn't last long for Alyssa for as soon as she saw Anthony she walked as fast as humanly possible over to her brother before grabbing him by the ear and pulling him away from prying ears.

'Alyssa! Ouch' Anthony grumbled, plucking his sisters hands of his ears.

'And where were you?' Alyssa asked, she already knew the answer but she wanted to see if he would lie.

'Taking care of business Alyssa, important business' He replied, you see Anthony had yet to find out from Benedict that Alyssa knew exactly where he was. But what neither of them knew was how she had found out so quickly. Alyssa had been back 2 days and was more in charge and knew more than the head of the house who was also her twin brother.

'Are you sure?' Alyssa asked one last time, she was hoping he wouldn't lie and would tell her.

He nodded that he was sure but frowned when Alyssa turnt to walk away.

'Alyssa! Where are you going? Have I done something?' Anthony quickly paced behind her.

'I don't know Anthony, you tell me. Do you normally lie to your family? Or is it because it's me?' She snapped looking back at him.